Dec 27, 2012 free podcast: What Is The Best Way To Use Beet Root Juice For Performance? Also: how to measure your body's ph/acidity, what to do about dry mouth, is standing better than sitting or laying down, what is the best diet for Ankylosing Spondylitis, and the best sources of Omega3s.
Have a podcast question for Ben? Click the tab on the right side of this page, call 1-877-209-9439, Skype “pacificfit” or scroll down to the “Ask Ben” form.
Please don't forget to leave the podcast a ranking in iTunes – it only takes a minute of your time and it helps grow our healthy community!
- Good news for you almond hounds – they've actually got a lot fewer calories than the label indicates.
- Want to limit lactic acid buildup while swimming? Be sure to include longer distance training.
- I've warned against use of Jack3d supplement on podcast before. Now this sad incident.
Want to get featured on an exclusive 15 minute feature in the next Ben Greenfield Fitness podcast? That's right – I'll personally call you and interview you to tell YOUR story for the podcast. Here's the link to add MyList to your page or profile (did I mention – it's free). Here's what to do:
- Create your own “MyList” list that targets your passion in health, fitness or nutrition (gear, tools, supplements or anything else),
- Share your MyList right here by leaving a link to it in the comments,
- I'll choose the best list, and get you on for an interview about why you chose the items on your list.
“Become Superhuman” Live Event With Ben Greenfield Coming To Spokane, WA, March 8 & 9, 2013 – Click here to get in now. The video below tells you all about it and/or you can listen to this audio interview from the Wide World Of Health to learn more.
New 2013 camps announced:
- February 22 to 28: Winter Triathlon Camp in Austin.
- March 2 to 8: Winter Triathlon Camp in Florida.
- April 5 to 7: Wildflower Camp.
- April 14: Vietnam Trip (details TBA). “The Laguna Lang Co Triathlon aims to build on the success of its sister event, the legendary Laguna Phuket Triathlon. Register for the race.
- Nov-Dec: Ben's Annual Trip to Thailand (details TBA). Email [email protected] if you want in – it will fill fast!
Ben's brand new Low Carbohydrate Diet For Athletes package – is officially released and available for download!
As compiled, edited and sometimes read by Brock, the Ben Greenfield Fitness Podcast “sidekick”.
Audio Question from Keith @ 00:17:25
He uses Body Rescue PH Testing Strips and runs 6.2 to 6.4, should he be worried about acidity?
~ In my response I mention this interview with Dr. Morton.
Audio Question from Moira @ 00:25:50
She is wondering if you know of any ways to deal with Dry Mouth.
Brandon wrote @ 00:30:57
Ben has been very good about explaining the detriments of sitting, but I was wondering what he recommends for the end of the day, just before bed. If I want to read a book, or something along those lines, before I go to sleep would a lying position be preferable to a sitting position? Does a lying position do positive things for the body that sitting does not, or should I just tough it out and stand (no matter what my legs want – ha ha)? Also are there any recovery or fat burning effects that take place in a laying position?
Dave asks @ 00:36:12
I was diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondylitis about a year ago after some 6-12 months of chronic swelling in my Right knee and 2 toes on my Right foot. This started to occur about 6 months before my second Ironman, and got bad in my feet 2 months after that same Ironman. Basically I'm wondering if there is anything else I can do from a diet, exercise, massage, acupuncture point of view. Should I go Paleo and completely cut out Corn and everything that goes along with that? I've recently read some evidence around starchy foods potentially causing inflammation in people with A.S. I'm willing to go to the extremes on this, and in fact I think I may start instituting Ice baths during periods of inflammation.
Al asks @ 00:42:43
I've been drinking Beetroot juice for a while as an aid to performance in Sprint Distance triathlons but was wondering what the best way to drink it is. Should it be used as a daily supplement all the time throughout training and racing, or just as a boost before a race? What are the advantages / disadvantages of both approaches, and are there any downsides to drinking it daily (other than the comedy effects of pink pee).
~ In my response to Al, I mention Nitroceps from Millennium Sports( MSTBG10 for 45% off).
Sam asks @ 00:48:13
For anyone choosing to not use Fish Oil for Omega3 supplementation, getting O3s is more difficult. How much ALA can I eat from flax/hemp/chia in a given time period, without saturating my ability to absorb it? eg. If I make flax crackers, does my body stop absorbing the ALA after 1Tbs, 1cup… or more?
~ In my response I mention the post: Everything You Need To Know About How To Use A Slimy Green Plant to Slow Aging, Decrease Cravings and Recover Incredibly Faster.