I actually dig Twitter.
I use it primarily to release my thoughts about research articles and the latest health, fitness, nutrition, longevity, wellness, and biohacking news, and to (as I discuss in my podcast with Naveen Jain here and here) follow specific topics and people in sectors I'm particularly interested in.
Heck, I've even had Twitter founder and CEO Jack Dorsey on my podcast (which seemed to have later blown up in his face and painted him as an anti-vaccination zealot with an eating disorder).
Anyways, I’m constantly scouring my favorite and most useful fitness and nutrition articles, research and resources and posting them to the Ben Greenfield Twitter account. From shattering exercise myths to releasing news flashes on new dietary aids to tweeting the latest on anti-aging, I do my best to keep you informed on everything fitness, nutrition and anti-aging related so you can cut through the clutter and confusion, avoiding having to follow a thousand different people on Twitter, and instead use my Twitter feed as a bit of an “aggregate” for keeping yourself up-to-date on the latest and greatest in all things wellness.
But today, I want to give you the past year’s “Top 100 Most Popular Tweets” – the creme de la creme of what I posted on Twitter over the past 12 months. There are plenty of fun and interesting articles and takeaways you’ll find as you scan the tweets below.
I make every possible attempt to give you information you’re not going to find other places, and provide non-run-of-the-mill advice, so, ranked in order of popularity, here are this past year’s most popular tweets (and click here if you want to follow me on Twitter). I also discuss many of these in detail in my monthly podcast Q&A, so you can click here to subscribe to that if you'd like.
This Year's Top 100 Most Popular Tweets
99. A quick #coldshower post workout seems to do a very good job activating parasympathetic nervous system and speeding up cardiac #recovery: – just don’t stay in there too long or you will blunt the #exercise response.
97. I’ve decided to begin delivering to you occasional, inspirational videos that highlight some of my biggest thoughts & takeaways from the week – particularly based on finding more #purpose, #joy, and #meaning in life. Tap the link to see the first one.
86. I've been reading this amazing new book by @dawsonchurch, “Mind to Matter” in which he dives into the actual science of healing the body & creating material form using the mind… Definitely worth a read. Check it out here.
70. If you're a #healthpractitioner or simply are passionate about staying on the cutting edge of #healthsciences & exploring emerging tactics to increase #longevity, tune into my talk from the Redefining Medicine Conference this past December.
69. If you're a #healthpractitioner or simply are passionate about staying on the cutting edge of #healthsciences & exploring emerging tactics to increase #longevity, tune into my talk from the Redefining Medicine Conference this past December.
62. #Testosterone is literally the lifeblood and the foundation of all things related to #menshealth. This article I collabed on with @TRTExpert is perhaps the most comprehensive, cutting-edge resource on decoding #T I've published.
61. Taurine is an #aminoacid rich in sulfur. The body synthesizes it to some extent from methionine & cysteine, but the synthesis process is slow. It's good to get enough taurine from the #diet but you can also try taking it to calm down & sleep more deeply.
59. Wake up, crush the day. I’m two days late to the game but I rolled out of bed this morning here in Charleston South Carolina, watched the sunrise and said my prayers, then did body weight #Murph: 1 mile run, 300 squats, 200 push-ups, 100 pull-ups, 1 mile…
58. This latest study shows that you can use hyperthermia and heat treatments to stave off muscle atrophy and maintain fitness when you can’t exercise… But it was 2hrs/day and they use crazy fancy heat machine called pulsed shortwave diathermy, not a sauna…
54. Pinch me now. I've finally found a #healthycereal that tastes like the old school comfort food cereal I loved as a kid. Better yet, my boys absolutely love this stuff…they can actually read the newspaper comics and…
50. Shot a documentary today in San Diego. It’s called “Exhausted” and it’s all about adrenal fatigue. We discussed things like creatine and ATP phosphate pool exhaustion and athletes, glycogen depletion, overreaching…
46. So proud of my boys for graduating fifth grade. At this point they are done with school. I gave them the option to halt a formal education and shift into an unschooling scenario in which experiences and life are their education, and they leapt at the off…
44. This is one of the most comprehensive articles on #intermittentfasting I have read. If you have a friend or family member who is curious about the benefits of #fasting, you should share this with them!
43. This latest study on the so-called “toxicity” of CBD drenched cells in tons of CBD in a test tube…doesn't simulate what happens in human body (most notably that cells aren't exposed to CBD that long, nor is it accompanied with methanol as in this study).
42. Somebody in the locker room at the gym yesterday was asking me how I train my abs. Frankly, I don’t do much dedicated “traditional abdominal“ work like crunches, sit ups, etc. If you simply lift heavy stuff, work with kettlebells, include some planking…
41. This is the best explainer article on the critical importance of carb re-feeds for low-carb / #keto folks I've read…if you're following that type of diet & aren't considering how to optimize your insulin sensitivity…you're missing out on big benefits.
37. Here is my comprehensive bloodwork after 12 wks of modified carnivore diet (a nose-to-tail approach that also included small amounts of berries/raw honey/tubers/red wine/coffee): (note elevated liver enzymes/creatinine due to hard wt training day prior).
36. Pecs… i’m often asked about how I work my chest. Here’s a hint: I rarely ever benchpress. But I do just about every form of push-up known to man, often sprinkled throughout my workouts. Finish a set of squats? Spiderman push-ups. Finish a set of should…
35. Onegevity Health just dropped an amazing new platform where you can test & store ALL your health data, then using AI, translate your data into customized recommendations for diet, supps & more for total life optimization. Get your test here (Code: BEN20)
29. Extreme #fatloss nutrition in a nutshell: control blood glucose ruthlessly, eat the same meals over and over again, don’t drink calories, start your day with protein, don’t eat much fruit (from Thomas Tijerina who recently lost 405-pounds!)
27. I’m a huge fan of nicotine as a cognitive stimulant. Problem is, most are full of artificial sweeteners & chemical fillers… Enter @LucyNicotine a new formulation of nicotine gum offering all the cognitive benefits, better taste &texture w/ very low amounts of artificial nasties when compared to other brands like Nicorette. You can check it out here and use Code: BEN10 to save $10 on your subscription… Enjoy, and use responsibly.
26. This article is pure and complete bullshit and I’m going to tell you why on my next podcast. (Listen to Part 1 and Part 2 of my podcast explaining why.)
22. *I suspect that an alkaline-based ketogenic diet rich in plant-based foods combined with a long term approach in which the body upregulates ketone utilization would largely solve this issue. It took me 2 full years of ketosis before my body fully “adapted”.
21. I'm often asked if I'm concerned about my hefty intake of canned sardines, mackerel, etc… So Wild Planet hooked me up w/ this infographic showing results of 3rd-party testing of PPM of #mercury in the #fish. I'd say as long as I don't take up a swordfish habit, I oughta be OK.
19. joshuafieldsmillburn & @ryannicodemuscreated @theminimalists #podcast to help us all achieve living meaningful lives where #lessismore. In this episode, I discuss my approach to #work – taking #pomodorotechnique breaks, standing on a @fluidstance…
17. I recently listened to a physician named Paul Saladino debate research scientist @biolayne about the #carnivorediet on my friend Mark Bell's podcast @marksmellybell. I was so intrigued by the episode that I decided to get @PaulSaladinoMD on my show.
15. *I know I catch a lot of flack when I post stuff like this, but 1x/ wk, I skip workout & spend my morning doing “self-love” that makes my gut & body feel like a million bucks. Today: oil pulling, clay face mask, coffee enema, infrared sauna, cold plunge, NAD patch & vitamin IV.
13. I highly recommend you listen to the interviews that my friend @richroll conducted with another friend, @DrZachBush. The latest (bit.ly/2K0oiH2) was mind-blowing for finding #purpose in life, but all are must-listens. bit.ly/2ZCN0E5 & bit.ly/2ZCSnTT
12. *Flying to Austin and experimenting with new jet lag protocol: NAD patch, self administered push IV vitamin cocktail, intranasal Semax peptide, then intramuscular glutathione injection and methylene blue upon arrival.
11. My wife…the huntress. I realize this may be controversial for many, but Jessa will take this goat meat home to our family and prepare stews and roasts that will feed our growing sons, and she worked her ass off for an ethical, well placed shot.
6. Here's my Gut-Healing Keto Ice Cream recipe: 6 egg yolks, 4 scoops Thorne Mediclear SGS (chocolate flavor), 8 droppers-full Omica Organics vanilla stevia, 1 teaspoon sea salt, 1 can BPA-Free full-fat coconut milk. Blend on high for 5 minutes. Freeze overnight. Bon Appetit!
5. This author thinks @joerogan gives his celebrity guests free alcohol and drugs then sits back and waits for them to say something stupid. C'mon. It's just an interesting show during which people get to talk freely (and it kicks the ass of “real” news).
2. The podcast with @jack is officially live: “Advanced Stress Mitigation Tactics, Extreme Time-Saving Workouts, DIY Cold Tubs, Hormesis, One-Meal-A-Day & More.” – this guy is a true hacker of health…
So, what do you think? Do you have anything else you’d like to see me posting on my Ben Greenfield Twitter account? Who else do you follow on Twitter that you think I should add? Let me know in the comments section below…
…and finally, if you dig this type of stuff, be sure to click here to subscribe to my newsletter, in which I send out a Friday weekly round-up chock full of the latest research, discoveries, articles and much more and click here to subscribe to my podcast, in which I address many of these tweets in far great detail.