I’ll admit it.
I’m a total self-quantification nerd.
You know this if you read my article “A Crash Course On Finding Out What Is Happening Inside Your Body“, in which I tell you about a ton of different blood, saliva and urine tests that you can do.
So my nerdy self is super excited about this new thing I’ve found called “Talking20“, which we talk about in the video above and I give you the nitty-gritty details on below…
Basically, Talking20 is disrupting health as we know it by merging biology with technology to deliver personal health data in a way that I think may actually trigger a personal health revolution.
Here’s how it works:
You send in a few drops of blood on one of their kits, and you’ve opened the gateway to everything happening inside you, anytime you want it. Talking20 is using mass spectrometry to analyze its blood samples, the same technology used by NASA and the Environmental Protection Agency use to conduct their studies of very small samples taken from all over on (and off) the planet.
Using this technology, Talking20 will eventually run 100’s of blood tests off a single, convenient drop of your dried blood.
The instrumentation and techniques of mass spectrometry earned Nobel Prizes in 1922 and then again for advances in 2002. In short, the way mass spectrometry works is that blood collected on the cards is hit with an accelerated dose of electrons. During this collision, the molecules being measured are knocked out of the sample and pushed into a gas state. This accelerated beam of gases is then passed through a magnetic field, which allows each molecule to be measured based on its unique properties. This technique can be performed with solar wind samples collected outside the Earth’s atmosphere (like at NASA) – or from samples collected on Talking20’s special filter paper.
Each biomarker that is tested at Talking20 must be specially calibrated in house and each test is currently being built in a stepwise process. The “Gold Card panel” that Heather and I talk about in the video above is made up of several well known tests, such as cholesterol and vitamins, but over the next three years they are developing literally hundreds of other tests you can get off one card.
I think this stuff is going to literally blow the roof off personal biohacking and the ability to peer into your personal health and performance in real time as you test anytime, anywhere in the world.
Examples of tests they are are planning to include are:
- All organ function related proteins, including current and future indications of organ function: liver, kidney, pancreas, autoimmunity problems and more.
- All vitamins and minerals, including all fat and water soluble vitamins, and circulating minerals, amino acids, electrolytes and more.
- All hormones, including cholesterols, cortisol, testosterone, DHEA, estrogens, progesterone and more.
- All disease proteins, including current and future indicators of cancers, such as colon, prostate, breast, kidney, lung cancers and more.
- All future biomarkers they ever discover, which are included in your future panels at no extra cost.
How To Test With Talking20
OK, I know you probably want to get down to the bottom line and know what this kind of stuff actually costs and how the process works:
1. You go to the Talking20 website and order one Gold Card package, which includes all test materials and all online services, and is good for 36 separate tests (3 years worth if you test, say, ever month).
2. This Gold Card package retails at $1295 USD (but you get a 10% discount if you use code BENTEST, which lowers this to $1165).
3. Compared to conventional phlebotomy laboratory testing, the life of this package will provide over $150,000 worth of blood test, for $1165. Dang.
Obviously this isn’t pocket change, but if you want in on every test that is developed over the next three years, and you don’t want to pay any extra for any of those future tests, this is a no-brainer – or at least a very nerdy and fun experiment for any biohacker or someone who simply wants to find out more about their body at anytime, anywhere in the world (watch the video above to hear my wheels spinning about how something like this could be used).
Question, comments, or feedback about how to test your blood anytime, anywhere in the world? Leave your thoughts below. That BENTEST discount code expires in a month, so sign-up soon if you want to do this.