Welcome to Ben Greenfield’s Weekly Roundup and Cool New Discoveries!
Ben Greenfield’s discoveries from the latest news from the fronts of fitness, nutrition, health, wellness, biohacking and anti-aging research. I also recap my upcoming events and special announcements so you can keep up with giveaways, discounts, and more!
New Discoveries Of The Week: Cool New Things I’m Trying, Books I’m Reading, And More!
– Superfood: Spilanthes – Ever since I returned from a visit to Kauai last year, I’ve been intrigued with this little berry I discovered there called “Spilanthes”. I even found a comment on my own podcast shownotes from way back in 2015 by my buddy TJ Anderson, who asked:
“Ben and Co.- Haven’t listened to this yet… But Question: Have any of you heard of the “toothache plant” (Spilanthes acmella)? Pretty yellow and red cone-shaped flowers and leaves have properties similar to Echinacea; said to enhance the immune system, improve digestion and help nausea. Had one the other day at Farmers Market! Boy- very weird “cleansing” feeling. Check out the fun pic! And you can grab the seeds here. Cheers! -TJ”
Then, last week on Snapchat I showed you my exact Wednesday morning routine which included having a big-ass party in mouth by savoring my lil’ home-grown Spilanthes berries, one of my most effective discoveries for oral hygiene. Also known commonly as the eyeball plant, toothache plant, para cress or buzz buttons, it is a flowering, herbaceous annual used both as an ornamental and as an herb. It also tastes like a freakin’ party in your mouth when you eat it (very similar to the Miracle Berry that I talk about here). Anyways, to use it as a digestif and mouth cleaner (very similar to oil pulling, but even more powerful), I ordered seeds and have been growing them the past several months. If you want to see what Spilanthes tastes like or try some for yourself, you can go here to get the seeds or extract from Amazon.
– Book: “Muscular Christianity” – News flash: because I travel a lot, it can be tough for me to get my butt in a church seat. Turns out I’m not the only one. Attend a Christian church service and take a look around at who’s sitting in the seats. What will you see? Almost certainly, more women than men. Married women. Women accompanied by their husbands families. Widowed women. Single women. Young and old women.
Pew Research has found that, on average, Christian congregants across the world skew about 53% female, 46% male. In the U.S., surveys show a split that’s even wider: 61% women to 39% men (the gap occurs in every age category, and is thus not due to the fact that women live longer than men). In sheer numbers, what this means is that on any given Sunday in America, there are 13 million more women than men attending church. Why is this? This new short read from my previous podcast guest Bret McKay fills you in on exactly why, and is also chock full of quotes and advice from one of my favorite muscular Christians: Theodore Roosevelt. It’s less than seven bucks here on Amazon.
Podcasts I Recorded This Week
Every month, Ben Greenfield releases never-before-seen videos, audios and .pdf’s inside the BenGreenfieldFitness “Premium” channel (just $10/year to access!). You can click here to go Premium and access an entire vault of protected content!
Articles I Published This Week:
My full article feed and all past archives of my articles are here if you want to check out past articles.
Articles & Podcasts Ben Greenfield Was Featured In This Week:
::: Save 10% on Your First Order of Kion Flex for a Limited Time :::
Summer is here! This means longer days with more time for training, playing, and conquering your goals on the bike, in the mountains, and beyond. It’s also that time of year when injuries and nagging pains strike back! I created Kion Flex to be the most comprehensive “shotgun approach” to maintaining bone and joint health you will find to keep you in the game! With Kion Flex, you can promote joint comfort, mobility, and flexibility and support bone health with 16 different ingredients chosen based on scientific data and traditional medicine.* Order today and save! Don’t forget to use my special code – BENFLEX10– at checkout!
::: Imagine Living Without Pain and Free From Disease :::
This year I visited Dr. Regan Archibald at East West Health for an advanced combination of stem cell injections to treat pain and acupuncture. Receiving acupuncture immediately following a stem cell procedure can radically improve its efficacy. Fortunately, the pain I was experiencing has completely vanished. To see the exact procedure I underwent and learn why acupuncture is so effective for enhancing stem cell treatments, read my article about my visit to Regan’s clinic here. To schedule a free consult at East West Health, just give them a call and mention my name: (801) 582-2011
::: 30% off Your Very Own Gainswave Treatment:::
– June 28 – July 9, 2018: Mind Valley U, Tallinn, Estonia. Mindvalley U is a month-long transformational event that is designed to create a university style education model for all ages. This will be one of those things you look back on and say: it changed my life. Mind Valley U will be held in Tallinn, Estonia. Tallinn, Estonia has one of the highest number of startups per capita and is one of the most cutting-edge tech nations in the world. Sign up, join me, and transform your life!
– July 14 – 15, 2018: Train to Hunt Nationals, Mesa, Colorado. Nationals are right around the corner and I’m eager to take the podium! If you are a hunter, then you understand how fitness can impact your season. There’s no better way to prepare than through Train to Hunt challenges. Learn more here.
– July 19, 2018: Ancestral Health Symposium, Bozeman, Montana. “AHS” is a scientific conference which provides a forum so that learning and qualified discussion on all areas of human health can take place. Most noteworthy, at this conference you will go beyond diet and learn about the latest research across a wide range of topics, all united by an evolutionary perspective. speakers present on topics including diet, movement, sleep, stress, epigenetics, and more. Join me this summer!
– August 17 – 19, 2018: Colorado Rockies Ultra Beast and Sprint Weekend, Breckenridge, Colorado. The mountain is calling! This is an extra-special Spartan race. Team members from my company, Kion, and I are competing together in the beautiful Rocky Mountains. Experience the immense beauty of Colorado while conquering climbs, crawls, carries and traverses. See you there!
– October 5-7, 2018: SPARK BioHacking Conference, Toronto, Ontario. The 2018 SPARK Bio-Hack Conference features a series of talks by leaders across a range of fields with an eye on optimizing human performance, recovery, and longevity. Researchers, medical specialists and other biohacking experts will share provocative, informative, and inspiring presentations meant to invigorate your curiosity about health and amplify your life journey. Registration is now open, secure your spot here.
– October 11 – 14, 2018: 2018 RUNGA California Immersion Retreat. Runga is going to Napa! Join me, my wife, Jessa, Joe DiStefano and a small, intimate group of like-minded individuals for a weekend-long getaway. We’ve rented a beautiful mansion located in one of the most iconic countrysides in America– Napa Valley. We’ve thought of everything that you could possibly need to gently “press the reboot button” on your body and completely tune in to your heart, mind, body, strength, and spirit. Join the waitlist!
– December 2-8, 2018: RUNGA Retreat, Dominican Republic. You’re invited to join me at RUNGA in December 2018. Join me in the Dominican Republic, one of the most beautiful places in the Caribbean, for this retreat. In all RUNGA activities, RUNGA invites you to come home to yourself. To see everything you’ll be getting into, just click here. Use code BEN when you register so you get your gift when you arrive! I’ll be there, too. Join the waitlist here.
This Week’s Most Popular Instagram Pic:
View this post on Instagram
Real men eat their #glutenfree #vegan #icecream sandwiches pinkies out. I’m at @ilovethestil in Boise, Idaho. Post Spartan Race lunch for refueling: ice cream. Shout out to my 2018 race sponsors! — FitVineWine: BenGreenfieldFitness.com/fitvinewine Instagram: @FitVine_Wine Facebook: @FitVineWine #fitvinewine “greenfield10” for 10% off your order — BioTropic: BenGreenfieldFitness.com/biotropic Instagram: @biotropics Facebook: @BioTropicLabs #biotropiclabs 20% off your order with code “ben” — Neurohacker: BenGreenfieldFitness.com/qualia Instagram: @Neurohacker Facebook: @neurohackercollective #neurohacker 15% off your first purchase with code “greenfield2018” — Organifi: BenGreenfieldFitness.com/organifi Instagram: @Organifi Facebook: @Organifi #organifi #liveorganically 20% off your order with code “BEN” — Joovv: BenGreenfieldFitness.com/joovv Instagram: @joovvsocial Facebook: @joovvsocial #joovv, #joovvin, #joovvsocial $25 off your order with code “BEN” — OralIV: BenGreenfieldFitness.com/hydrate Instagram: @oraliv Facebook: @oraliv #oraliv #poweredbyoraliv #waterswingman 20% off with discount code “BEN20” — Spartan Race: BenGreenfieldFitness.com/SpartanEvents Facebook: @SpartanRace Instagram: @SpartanRace #Spartan #SpartanRace #Aroo
This Week’s Most Popular Tweet:
Latest study on red meat shows that (despite what epidemiologists say) if it's unprocessed and somewhat lean in Mediterranean diet context is healthier than poultry: https://t.co/gRG8v3JnP0
— Ben Greenfield (@bengreenfield) June 27, 2018
This Week’s Most Popular Facebook Post:
Dr. Cate explained that if you banish just this one particularly deleterious biological variable that is present in most…
This Week’s Most Popular Snapchat Story:
This week on Snapchat I showed you a few of my latest travel hacks. From wearing the FlexPulse to wearing soon-to-be-released EMF blocking clothing (including boxers!), to bringing snacks from home, I showed you how I am able travel AND stay healthy! Follow me on Snapchat so you don’t miss seeing all of my quirky habits.
This Week’s Most Popular Pin from Pinterest:
Maintaining your bones and joints is necessary so you can train, maintain ROM, keep up your favorite activities and more. Since bone density and joint cartilage can degrade in your thirties, supplementing joint health is beneficial for anyone. Because of this, I created Kion Flex, a comprehensive “shotgun approach” for maintaining bone and joint health.
With Kion Flex, you can promote joint comfort, mobility, and flexibility and support bone health with 16 different ingredients chosen based on scientific data and traditional medicine.* Kion Flex is a bioavailable blend of naturally occurring compounds such as glucosamine and chondroitin from type II chicken collagen, whole foods, herbs, minerals and enzymes assist in recovery from exercise-induced wear and tear and assist your body’s healthy inflammatory response to exercise, stress, and other lifestyle factors.* Most importantly, goat’s milk whey provides naturally occurring minerals and electrolytes, which are vital for a variety of bodily functions.* Get Kion Flex today!
Need Help Fully Optimizing Your Brain & Body?
Did you know you can consult one-on-one with me so that I can personalize a nutrition or fitness plan for you to reach your goals? Are you training for physical performance? Trying to shed fat or gain lean muscle as fast as possible? Ready to tap into the most cutting-edge health, fitness and longevity protocols? Contact me so I can get you exactly what you need to reach your goals as safely and quickly as possible.
Leave your comments below – and any news or discoveries that you think I missed!