Welcome to Ben Greenfield's Weekly Roundup and Cool New Discoveries!
Ben Greenfield's discoveries, from the latest news on the fronts of fitness, nutrition, health, wellness, biohacking and anti-aging research. I also recap my upcoming events and special announcements so you can keep up with giveaways, discounts and more!
New Discoveries Of The Week: Cool New Things I'm Trying, Books I'm Reading, And More!
– The Results Of My Latest Carnivore Diet Bloodwork
Below is my comprehensive bloodwork after 12 weeks of modified carnivore diet (a nose-to-tail approach that also included small amounts of berries/raw honey/tubers/red wine/coffee): (note elevated liver enzymes/creatinine due to very hard weight training day prior). In this case, the bloodwork I ran was the WellnessFX Greenfield Longevity Panel For Men. (Click here for Longevity Panel For Women)2019.06.BG_.Lab-Results-WellnessFX
– What Happened To My Blood Sugar During My 2 Week Detox In The Swiss Alps
It is so surprising to me to see how significantly my blood sugar has responded to a plant-based diet combined with a liver cleanse/detox/fasting protocol. I suspect enhanced hepatic function is somehow vastly increasing my insulin sensitivity and plummeting blood glucose (despite my carb intake going up ~30%). I actually had to remove my Dexcom G6 because the alarm kept going off due to my blood sugar being consistently in 40s-50s at the end of the day.
It's a very interesting phenomenon I've never experienced, and suspect it's due to the multimodal approach (e.g. tons of different protocols on liver such as hyperthermia, liver massage, Indiba and biophoton liver treatments, daily coffee enemas, etc.). Fascinating.
To learn more about the Swiss Mountain Clinic I was at, you can click here. If you decide to go, please let them know I sent you!
Podcasts I Recorded This Week:
Articles Published By Me & Kion This Week:
My full article feed and all past archives of my articles are here if you want to check out past articles.
::: Save $75 On The Device That Enables You To Learn Faster, Push Harder, & Biohack Your Brain :::
The folks at Halo Neuroscience just released their brand-spankin' new “Halo Sport 2” tCDS headset, an upgraded version of the headset I've trained with and have sworn by for years. Some of the new features of the Halo Sport 2 include…
- Fully wireless / BT enabled (if that concerns you, you can still use a cable which comes with it.)
- Halo leveled up and you can now expect superior audio quality—think Beats by Dre
- Upgraded app with new stimulation data and tracking
It's now available with a discount, especially for my audience. Just go to BenGreenfieldFitness.com/halo, and enter code: GREENFIELD at checkout.
::: Join Me And Team Kion For A Free 5-Day Meditation Challenge :::
Meditation is a proven, powerful tool that the world’s top performers rely on to minimize stress. It’s also been proven to help with symptoms of depression, enhance longevity, and minimize the cognitive decline that comes with aging.
That's why my company Kion decided to create a FREE 5-day meditation challenge. It starts this Monday, July 15th and ends Friday, July 19th.
Whether you're new to meditation, want to learn more about it, or are a seasoned veteran looking to take part in a worldwide meditation challenge with thousands of other like-minded people from across the globe (more than 1,500 have already signed up, and we're expecting 10,000+), you won't want to miss this!
Sign up here for free to get in on all the meditation goodness, including a guided meditation led by yours truly.
Need Help Fully Optimizing Your Brain & Body?
I've studied the science, seen first-hand what works and what doesn't, and most importantly, know how to help you make lasting changes to become the best version of yourself – for good. I've also trained an entire army of Kion Coaches, and with our support, you'll no longer have to struggle to decipher conflicting health information, only to end up confused and unmotivated.
Are you looking to achieve peak physical performance? Trying to shed fat or gain lean muscle as fast as possible? Ready to tap into the most cutting-edge health, fitness and longevity protocols? Every day, I work with people just like you to help them achieve their goals with personalized health advice and one-of-a-kind nutrition and fitness plans. My schedule gets filled quickly, so be sure to book your one-on-one consultation with me today.
Kion Coaches are certified in the same holistic approach I take to mind, body, and spiritual health. In addition to being trained by yours truly, these folks are qualified professionals, ranging from personal trainers to nutritionists, chiropractors, elite athletes, psychologists, medical doctors, and more. Just click here to view the full coach directory and to find the ideal coach for you and your unique goals!
– July 13 – 14, 2019: Train To Hunt Nationals, Mesa, CO. Nationals are right around the corner and I’m eager to take the podium! If you are a hunter, then you understand how fitness can impact your season. There’s no better way to prepare than through Train to Hunt challenges. Learn more here.
– July 15 – 19: Kion Meditation Challenge. Join me and Team Kion for a FREE 5-day meditation challenge starting Monday, July 15th. Whether you're new to meditation, want to learn more about it, or are a seasoned veteran looking to take part in a worldwide meditation challenge with thousands of other like-minded people from across the globe, you won't want to miss this. Sign up here for free to get in on all the meditation goodness, including a guided meditation led by yours truly.
– August 3-4, 2019: Colorado Rockies Ultra, Beast, and Sprint Weekend – Aspen, CO. The mountains are calling! High in the peaks of the Rocky Mountains, team members from my company, Kion and I will be experiencing the immense beauty of Colorado while conquering climbs, crawls, carries, and traverses. We hope to see you there! Sign up here!
– September 12 – 15, 2019: RUNGA Immersion, Napa Valley, California. I attend this total mind-body reboot retreat each year with my wife, Jessa, to connect with a handful of friends and YOU can one of them! I would love if you could join me at this retreat. Click here for details on this incredible event!
– September 27 – 29, 2019: Spartan World Championships, Squaw Valley, California. Right beside Lake Tahoe, this epic venue was once host to the 1960 Olympic Winter Games. Join me there for the greatest obstacle course race in North Tahoe Lake, Olympic Village, CA. Sign up here!
Featured Product: Kion Coffee
After more than 2 years of hardcore coffee research, Kion Coffee was created to be crafted for health and is the only coffee that meets my strict standards for health benefits, purity, and freshness. Period.
Why? Other coffee companies are unwilling to do what my company, Kion, is doing to ensure these health-benefits—every decision made regarding this coffee formulation is based on health.
So what’s so special about Kion Coffee?
Kion Coffee is certified organic, is richer in antioxidants than any other coffee we tested, is rigidly tested for toxins, contains ZERO mold, is packaged using the highest industry standards, and much, much more. To read the complete list of Kion Coffee benefits, to understand the sourcing profile, the scientific roasting protocol, and freshness strategy, click here.
This Week's Most Popular Instagram Post:
View this post on Instagram
Join me, @paul.chek, @emilystellafletcher, and #TeamKion for a free 5-day Meditation Challenge! Sign up now at GetKion.com/meditation (Linked in Bio) #meditate #meditation #mindfulness #community #healthymind #sleep #performance #stressrelief #focus #happythoughts #healthyyou #KionIRL
This Week's Most Popular Tweet:
Oldest woman in America turns 114 – no NAD, metformin or fringe injections…just “belief in God” and “being a good person”. https://t.co/PU6RZJ7VXg
— Ben Greenfield (@bengreenfield) July 7, 2019
My Most Popular Facebook Post This Week:
I’m personally pretty happy that alcohol is slowly getting replaced by sexy new alternatives (although I still endorse…
Leave your comments below – and any news or discoveries that you think I missed!