Welcome to my Weekly Roundup!
In the weekly roundup, you’re about to discover the most important things I’ve noticed this week, including the latest news from the fronts of fitness, nutrition, health, wellness, biohacking and anti-aging research, the top photos, videos and stories from this week, upcoming events and speaking appearances, giveaways, specials and a host of other things you may have missed.
New Discoveries Of The Week: Cool New Things I’m Trying, Books I’m Reading, And More!
– Book: Change Your Schedule, Change Your Life – I’ll be honest: when I first received this book in the mail, I thought it was a “getting things done” style productivity book. I couldn’t have been more wrong. It’s a complete manual on how to use ancient Ayurvedic medicine concepts to change your digestion, your sleep, your fitness, your circadian rhythm and a host of other parameters. I’ll be hunting author Dr. Suhas Kshirsagar down soon for a podcast, but in the meantime, here were a few of my big takeaways:
Shift the largest day of the meal for lunch. Always exercise before breakfast. Begin to cut out late-night snacking. He says “do just these three things for seven consecutive days and your health will be transformed. After a month you won’t believe you lived any other way.” I’ve already started into these recommendations to see how I feel, with the biggest modifications being far less late night snacking and/or big dinners and slightly smaller breakfasts too, accompanied by an increase in midday meal size.
Tongue scraping 1 to 2 times per week. Trying it. Liking it. Using this copper antimicrobial scraper.
Lubricate the nasal passages with a small amount of all of for sesame oil prior to a long flight. This can help with jet lag, apparently.
Take 1000 mg of triphala in the evenings. For jet lagged based constipation, take it as the plane lands or just after.
Homemade bitters recipe: 2 teaspoons grated ginger, quarter teaspoon sea salt, quarter teaspoon black pepper, 2 teaspoons lemon juice. Consume 1 teaspoon of this prior to meals. I’m already drinking this before meals and feeling improved digestion.
Avoid lunchtime workouts and focus more on digestion and a large midday meal.
Eat seasonally (a whole can o’ worms I’ll interview him about, but essentially more cold, raw citrusy type foods in the summer and more warming, stewy, soupy foods in winter.
Try a castor oil detox or a pancha karma. More coming on this when I interview him in the podcast.
500mg trikatu after lunch or dinner for enhancing digestion. Going to try this soon also!
That’s it folks. Just one item reviewed this week. Enjoy the book.
Podcasts I Recorded This Week
Every month, I release never-before-seen videos, audios and .pdf’s inside the BenGreenfieldFitness “Premium” channel (just $10/year to access!). You can click here to go Premium and access an entire vault of protected content!
Articles I Published This Week:
My full article feed and all past archives of my articles are here if you want to check out past articles
Articles & Podcasts I Was Featured In This Week:
::: 10% Off Your First Order or 25% a Subscription of Kion Coffee! :::
Every single decision made when Kion Coffee was formulated was based on your health. With a borderline-OCD commitment to the cleanest processing on the planet, we are confident this is the only coffee you’ll want to put in your body every day: higher in antioxidants than every other brand we tested. Always organic. Packaged using the industry’s highest-standard packaging method – called nitrogen flushing. This is, bar none, the cleanest coffee on the face of the planet. We’ve cut no corners and made no exceptions. For a complete list of health benefits and to understand what sets Kion Coffee apart from every other coffee on the market, check this out. For a very limited time, take 10% off your first order or 25% off your subscription, just by clicking here.
– April 27-29, 2018: Paleo f(x)™ in Austin, Texas. Paleo f(x)™ is the world’s premier wellness event, covering health, nutrition, fitness, sustainability, & everything in between. Our tribe gathers to learn and grow together! Bringing the latest, most cutting-edge science and strategy together to help you create your very best life, Paleof(x)™ is like the Woodstock of the ancestral movement, and I will be there! Sign up now to get tickets to this very exciting event! Sign up here and see you in Austin!
– May 5-6, 2018: Montana Beast and Sprint Weekend, Bigfork, Montana. Join the Spartan Race and discover beautiful Kalispell, Montana as we attempt to make history by breaking the Guinness World Record for most people performing burpees at one time!
– May 19-20, 2018: Socal Beast and Sprint Weekend, Big Bear Lake, Cailfornia. Big Bear Mountain Resort is a ski area in Southern California. Care to take a guess why ski areas make such great venues for Spartan Races? That’s right…hills! Come out and join me at this incredible race!
– May 26, 2018: Train to Hunt, Bonners Ferry, Idaho. Whether you’re a flatlander, hunt out west, or are past your prime, join me and make yourself a better hunter through fitness. Sign up to join me here!
– May 31 – June 3, 2018: A-Fest, Sardinia, Italy. A-Fest is an invite-only transformational event that gathers a global tribe of change-makers and visionaries who are driven by epic ideas to impact the world. Apply now to get invited.
– June 28 – July 22, 2018: Mind Valley U, Tallinn, Estonia. Mindvalley U is a month-long transformational event that is designed to create a university style education model for all ages. It’s a reimagining of college, community, curriculum, and campus. Best of all it’s available for all ages – whether you are 9 or 90. This will be one of those things you look back on and say: it changed my life. Mind Valley U will be held in Tallinn, Estonia. Did you know the incredible medieval city of Tallinn, Estonia is known for being a city with the highest number of startups per capita and one of the most cutting-edge tech nations on the face of the planet? Sign up, join me, and transform your life!
– July 19, 2018: Ancestral Health Symposium, Bozeman, Montana. “AHS” is a scientific conference which provides a forum for learning and discussion on all areas of human health. With evolutionary mismatch as a unifying theory, speakers present on topics including diet, movement, sleep, stress, epigenetics, and more. Join me this summer!
– October 5-7, 2018: SPARK BioHacking Conference, Toronto, Ontario. The 2018 SPARK Bio-Hack Conference will feature a series of talks by leaders – including yours truly – across a range of fields with an eye on optimizing human performance, recovery, and longevity. Researchers, medical specialists and other biohacking experts will share provocative, informative, and inspiring presentations meant to invigorate you. Besides boosting your performance, you’ll also get to hang out with hundreds of people from your tribe. The SPARK Bio-Hack Conference is a convergence of people who are pushing the limits of what the human mind and body can do. Discover how cross-pollination can get you to the next level. Registration is now open, secure your spot here.
– December 2-8, 2018: RUNGA Retreat, Balaji Palace, Dominican Republic. It’s happening again…one of the coolest, most kick-ass events of the year – especially if you dig adventure, fitness and beautiful destination travel. You are cordially invited to join me at RUNGA in December 2018. This event always fills out fast and last I heard only a couple rooms were left. The retreat will be held in the Dominican Republic, at one of the most beautiful places in the Caribbean. With its majestic location on a cliff’s edge overlooking its own private beach, the Balaji Palace is an oceanside paradise – and we’ve got the whole place to ourselves. In all RUNGA activities from yoga to snorkeling, RUNGA invites you to come home to yourself. To see everything you’ll be getting into at RUNGA, just click here. Don’t forget to use code BEN when you register for a surprise free gift when you arrive! And of course, I’ll be there too. Register here.
This Week’s Most Popular Instagram Pic:
This Week’s Most Popular Tweet:
I finally bit the bullet (pun intended) and applied for my concealed weapons permit today. It’s time I kept my Glock out of the closet. #ChangingTimes
— Ben Greenfield (@bengreenfield) April 24, 2018
This Week’s Most Popular Facebook Post:
More outtakes from my upcoming Hollywood film premier…. ;) (alright, alright…just kidding…I know Spokane is a far cry from Hollywood ) photos courtesy Rich Van Every
This Week’s Most Popular Snapchat Story:
On Snapchat this week I told you about how I had a continuous blood glucose monitor installed in my arm which will monitor my blood glucose 24/7 for the next two weeks and I also revealed my number one tool I travel with for resetting my circadian rhythm…
Be the first to follow my unique experiences by joining me on Snapchat!
This Week’s Most Popular Pin from Pinterest:
Featured Product – NEW:
Introducing Kion Coffee! After more than 2 years of hardcore coffee research, I am confident that this medium-roast coffee is superior, bar-none, in health benefits to any other coffee in the world. It is the only coffee that meets my strict standards for health benefits, purity, and freshness. Period.
Why? Other coffee companies are unwilling to do what my company, Kion, is doing to ensure these health-benefits– every decision made regarding this coffee formulation is based on health. So what’s so special about Kion Coffee? Kion Coffee is certified organic, is richer in antioxidants than any other coffee we tested, is rigidly tested for toxins, contains ZERO mold, is packaged using the highest industry standards, and much, much more. To read the complete list of Kion Coffee benefits, to understand the sourcing profile, the scientific roasting protocol, and freshness strategy, click here.
Need Help Fully Optimizing Your Brain & Body? This Should Do The Trick:
Did you know you can consult one-on-one, with me? Whether you’re training for an amazing feat of physical performance, you’re trying to shed fat or gain lean muscle as fast as possible, or you want to tap into the most cutting-edge health, anti-aging and longevity protocols, coaching with me is designed to enhance your physical and mental performance at the highest level. With detailed instructions, guidance, and planning, you’ll get instant access to every training, nutrition, and lifestyle technique that exists to optimize your life, make you indestructible and get you to your goals as safely and quickly as possible.
Leave any questions or comments below – or any news of the week that you think I should have added – and I will be sure to reply.