Welcome to Ben Greenfield's Weekly Roundup and Cool New Discoveries!
Ben Greenfield's discoveries from the latest news from the fronts of fitness, nutrition, health, wellness, biohacking and anti-aging research. I also recap my upcoming events and special announcements so you can keep up with giveaways, discounts, and more!
New Discoveries Of The Week: Cool New Things I'm Trying, Books I'm Reading, And More!
– What's On My Bed:
“Biobalance” PEMF Mat: For the past 8 nights, based on research I've seen that Pulsed Electromagnetic Field Therapy (PEMF) can heal damaged mitochondria and enhance deep sleep cycles (such as this study and this study), I've been sleeping through the entire night on a “Biobalance” mat, which is like an incredibly souped-up version of the portable Flexpulse PEMF device I podcasted about here.
So far, I’ve increased my deep sleep percentages, on average, 2-3% per night, which is incredibly significant. It ain’t cheap, but for people who like to own nice things, this mat is well worth it, and it’s one of the few full body PEMF treatment devices I know of that can run for an entire nightly sleep cycle (actually, up to 12 hours). You can get it here with best customer support and worldwide delivery directly from BioBalance website.
– My Latest Workouts:
I was traveling all week, and when in Venice Beach, threw down these workouts devised along with my friend and former podcast guest, Joe Di Stefano.
Workout 1 – primarily designed for VO2 max enhancement (longer sustained efforts). Click here to see the Instagram post from this workout.
-4 min bike 80-85% (Airdyne style bike best or you can use other cardio modes, like rowing or treadmill)
-10 goblet squats
-20 push-ups or push-up variation
-30 kettlebell swings
-40 mountain climbers
-1 min front plank or plank variation
AMRAP (as many rounds as possible) for 45-60 min.
Workout 2 – primarily designed for mitochondrial density (short, explosive efforts). Click here to see the Instagram post from this workout.
-2 min easy active recovery bike (Airdyne style bike best or you can use other cardio modes, like rowing or treadmill)
-30 sec hard 100% bike effort
-2 minutes walking lunges or farmer's walk
-50 meter bear crawl
AMRAP for 45-60 min.
Podcasts I Recorded This Week
Every month, Ben Greenfield releases never-before-seen videos, audios and .pdf's inside the BenGreenfieldFitness “Premium” channel (just $10/year to access!). You can click here to go Premium and access an entire vault of protected content!
Articles I Published This Week:
My full article feed and all past archives of my articles are here if you want to check out past articles.
Articles & Podcasts Ben Greenfield Was Featured In This Week:
::: Win a Trusii Pro Elite Hydrogen-Enriched Water Generator For Your Home :::
I recently did a podcast with Tyler Lebaron, an expert in biochemistry who specializes in researching hydrogen enriched water…what is that exactly? This one element, hydrogen, has the power to benefit every cell in your body The benefits of H2 have been noted in over 850 peer-reviewed, scientific studies and articles which show evidence that H2 may have strong potential benefits within the whole body for fighting over 170 diseases.
Trusii makes this very nifty hydrogen-enriched water generator, the H2 ProElite, which features…
– an industry-leading, high concentration production of molecular hydrogen water, 3-6 ppm of molecular hydrogen infused water, on demand!
– no installation setup, simply add water to the top of the unit with a standard 3.5 gallon or 5-gallon water jug of filtered water.
– sleek and elegant design, the Trusii H2 systems are truly works of art. As soon as you get your system, you’ll realize that these are exceptional pieces of technology.
Want one of these bad boys in your home? Enter today to win!
::: Save $50 on Viome Microbiome Gut Testing :::
You've probably already heard me preach about the benefits of Viome– whether on the podcast, in my mind-blowing Facebook Live interview with Naveen Jain or maybe when I published the results of my very own Viome Gut Microbiome test. Viome applies artificial intelligence and machine learning to recommend personalized nutritional recommendations that balance the gut microbiome inside the body for the goal of better digestive health, longevity, skin quality, brain function, and any other physiological parameter correlated to the host of critters living in your gut.
So why is this stuff from Viome so new and unique? If you’ve ever had your gut or microbiome tested, you likely were tested using the old form of sequencing called “16S sequencing” While the 16s sequencing can indeed tell you about your gut bacteria, it really doesn’t hold a candle to what is called “metatranscriptome sequencing”, which is the type of sequencing Viome utilizes. Viome has dumped a ton of research & development into this new form of gut testing. Intrigued? Check out my episode with Naveen, who believes so strongly in Viome, he wants it to be the cornerstone technology for eventually ridding the world of all chronic disease. You can order your test here. Use code “FITNESS” to save!
::: Save 10% on Alms Bio Liposomal Glutathione with CoQ10 and PQQ :::
I have often preached about the benefits of perhaps the most potent antioxidant for longevity, reducing oxidative stress, fighting auto-immune disease, caring for your skin and appearance and much, much more. The antioxidant in question? Liposomal glutathione. If you are seeking an extremely potent formulation of glutathione specifically formulated to support antioxidant of free radicals, support enhanced and appropriate cellular energy, and support mitochondrial health and biogenesis of new mitochondria – powerhouses of the cells. Save 10% with code “BEN”.
– August 17 – 19, 2018: Colorado Rockies Ultra Beast and Sprint Weekend, Breckenridge, Colorado. The mountain is calling! This is an extra-special Spartan race. Team members from my company, Kion, and I are competing together in the beautiful Rocky Mountains. Experience the immense beauty of Colorado while conquering climbs, crawls, carries and traverses. See you there!
– October 14-16, 2018: SPARK BioHacking Conference, Toronto, Ontario. The 2018 SPARK Bio-Hack Conference features a series of talks by leaders across a range of fields with an eye on optimizing human performance, recovery, and longevity. Researchers, medical specialists and other biohacking experts will share provocative, informative, and inspiring presentations meant to amplify your life. Registration is now open, secure your spot here.
– October 11 – 14, 2018: 2018 RUNGA California Immersion Retreat. Runga is going to Napa! Join me, my wife, Jessa, Joe DiStefano and a small, intimate group of like-minded individuals for a weekend-long getaway. We’ve rented a beautiful mansion located in one of the most iconic countrysides in America– Napa Valley. We’ve thought of everything that you could possibly need to gently “press the reboot button” on your body and completely tune in to your heart, mind, body, strength, and spirit. Join the waitlist!
– December 2-8, 2018: RUNGA Retreat, Dominican Republic. You're invited to join me at RUNGA in December 2018. Join me in the Dominican Republic, one of the most beautiful places in the Caribbean, for this retreat. In all RUNGA activities, RUNGA invites you to come home to yourself. To see everything you'll be getting into, just click here. Use code BEN when you register so you get your gift when you arrive! I'll be there, too. Join the waitlist here.
This Week's Most Popular Instagram Pic:
View this post on Instagram
I threw down to Venice Beach for a work out this morning with my good friend and previous podcast guest @coachjoedi… Here is the work out if you want to give it a try: 4 min bike 80-85% 10 goblet squat 20 push-up variation 30 swings 40 mountain climber 1 min plank Amrap (As many rounds as possible): 60 min
This Week's Most Popular Tweet:
Why Pre-Workout Static Stretching Is Actually Dangerous https://t.co/2qwW3SMqMk
— Ben Greenfield (@bengreenfield) July 24, 2018
This Week's Most Popular Facebook Post:
Curious about nootropics and smart drugs? In today’s article, I’ll spill the beans on it all, including how to navigate…
This Week's Most Popular Snapchat Story:
This was a busy week on Snapchat. I showed you the best way, bar none, to keep your immune system boosted when you travel and got a ton of amazing recommendations from you all on what's kickin' in Venice Beach while I'm in the area working on a top secret project which may or may ot involve a big-ass ice bath, grooming station, and more… Add me here on Snapchat for more unique tidbits!
This Week's Most Popular Pin from Pinterest:
Maintaining your bones and joints is necessary so you can train, maintain ROM, keep up your favorite activities and more. Since bone density and joint cartilage can degrade in your thirties, supplementing joint health is beneficial for anyone. Because of this, I created Kion Flex, a comprehensive “shotgun approach” for maintaining bone and joint health.
With Kion Flex, you can promote joint comfort, mobility, and flexibility and support bone health with 16 different ingredients chosen based on scientific data and traditional medicine.* Kion Flex is a bioavailable blend of naturally occurring compounds such as glucosamine and chondroitin from type II chicken collagen, whole foods, herbs, minerals and enzymes assist in recovery from exercise-induced wear and tear and assist your body’s healthy inflammatory response to exercise, stress, and other lifestyle factors.* Most importantly, goat’s milk whey provides naturally occurring minerals and electrolytes, which are vital for a variety of bodily functions.* Get Kion Flex today!
Need Help Fully Optimizing Your Brain & Body?
Did you know you can consult one-on-one with me so that I can personalize a nutrition or fitness plan for you to reach your goals? Are you training for physical performance? Trying to shed fat or gain lean muscle as fast as possible? Ready to tap into the most cutting-edge health, fitness and longevity protocols? Contact me so I can get you exactly what you need to reach your goals as safely and quickly as possible.
Leave your comments below – and any news or discoveries that you think I missed!