Welcome to Ben Greenfield's Weekly Roundup and Cool New Discoveries!
Ben Greenfield's discoveries from the latest news from the fronts of fitness, nutrition, health, wellness, biohacking and anti-aging research. I also recap my upcoming events and special announcements so you can keep up with giveaways, discounts, and more!
New Discoveries Of The Week: Cool New Things I'm Trying, Books I'm Reading, And More!
– Book I'm Reading
Author Josh Mitteldorf is one of the most knowledgeable guys I know of in the realm of anti-aging, and his book “Cracking the Aging Code: The New Science of Growing Old – And What It Means for Staying Young” was an excellent read for me last week. It is an examination of why we age, what it means for our health, and how we just might be able to fight it. Using meticulous multidisciplinary science, as well as reviewing the history of our understanding about evolution, this book makes the case that aging is not something that “just happens,” nor is it the result of wear and tear or a genetic inevitability. Rather, aging has a fascinating purpose: to stabilize populations and ecosystems, which are ever-threatened by cyclic swings that can lead to extinction. The book also gets into plenty of anti-aging biohacks, supplements, strategies, etc., proving in the process why most of them don't really work. If you're remotely interested in longevity, this one is worth a read. Click here to grab it off Amazon.
– In My Travel Bag
The new Kion Bar. You've no doubt heard that it's here. Described as “Just a Big, Tasty Punch of Mouth-Watering, Chocolatey-Salty-Coconut Goodness”, that's pretty much what it is. I spent two years developing this thing and it's my favorite bar ever. ‘Nuff said. Get it before it's sold out here.
– Also In My Travel Bag:
Harmonica. If you saw this Instagram post, you know that I recently started a harmonica course on Udemy. I'm a big fan of music for both enjoyment and neuroplasticity, and my own personal, secret dream is to be able to whip out my harmonica during a riveting 12 bar blues session on a jam night and play the hell outta that harp while entertaining the masses. But for now…it's got a special place in my fanny pack and I play it quite quietly while doing things like waiting for my flight to leave or stuck in traffic. I have a this no-frills Fender C chord harmonica from Amazon.
Podcasts I Recorded This Week:
Every month, Ben Greenfield releases never-before-seen videos, audios and .pdf's inside the BenGreenfieldFitness “Premium” channel (just $10/year to access!). You can click here to go Premium and access an entire vault of protected content!
Articles I Published This Week:
My full article feed and all past archives of my articles are here if you want to check out past articles.
Articles & Podcasts Ben Greenfield Was Featured In This Week:
::: See You At Spartan Race Breckenridge This Sunday :::
Perhaps the specialist of special announcements is that myself and the team from my company, Kion, are going to compete together in the Rockies in Breckenridge, CO for the Spartan race. If you have time to hang out on Sunday, I'll be there! We'll be there for the sprint– the “easy” one (as easy as you make it) – and we're all going to race around 10 AM. I'll do the elite heat at 7 AM and come back out to join them and race again…because I am a glutton for punishment. AROO! Sign up now and save 10% with code FINISH10!
::: HUGE Savings! Paleo f(x)™ 2019 Early Bird Tickets – Last Chance!:::
This April I’ll be back at Paleo f(x)™ event in Austin, TX, and I would love to see you there. From now until August 31, you can save up to 25% off with special early bird pricing. You can even take advantage of their early bird badges layaway plan: put down ⅓ upfront, then make the other 2 easy payments every two months. Pretty good deal eh…
Paleo f(x)™ is the biggest Paleo gathering in the world. If you’ve never attended, it’s the perfect place to become inspired and empowered to take your health to the next level. Throughout the weekend, you’ll get plenty of opportunities to mix and mingle with your tribe, immerse yourself in the latest paleo hacks, and use the latest tech, gadgets and more for optimizing yourself and your health. Register TODAY and you will save 20% + get early bird pricing. Just use code BEN20.
::: Meet the New Joovv :::
After Joovv launched their original models several years ago, I couldn't have been more excited to try them out. The only drawback to these devices was wishing for more treatment size options, as well as additional ways to mount my Joovv. Well, sounds like they heard me. Meet the new Joovv Modular System. The ideal light therapy experience should match your individual wellness goals, your lifestyle, and your planned treatment area. So Joovv personalized the experience. The new modular system lets you connect up to 6 Joovvs in a single system. If you’re new to light therapy and want to try it out, you can start with just one device and work up from there. Learn more and try it out today.
– August 19, 2018: Colorado Rockies Ultra Beast and Sprint Weekend, Breckenridge, Colorado. The mountain is calling! This is an extra-special Spartan race. Team members from my company, Kion, and I are competing together in the beautiful Rocky Mountains. Experience the immense beauty of Colorado while conquering climbs, crawls, carries and traverses. We're doing the Sprint around 10 AM on Sunday. We hope to see you there!
– October 14-16, 2018: SPARK BioHacking Conference, Toronto, Ontario. The 2018 SPARK Bio-Hack Conference features a series of talks by leaders across a range of fields with an eye on optimizing human performance, recovery, and longevity. Researchers, medical specialists and other biohacking experts will share provocative, informative, and inspiring presentations meant to amplify your life. Registration is now open, secure your spot here.
– October 11 – 14, 2018: 2018 RUNGA California Immersion Retreat. Runga is going to Napa! Join me, my wife, Jessa, Joe DiStefano and a small, intimate group of like-minded individuals for a weekend-long getaway. We’ve rented a beautiful mansion located in one of the most iconic countrysides in America– Napa Valley. We’ve thought of everything that you could possibly need to gently “press the reboot button” on your body and completely tune in to your heart, mind, body, strength, and spirit. Join the waitlist!
– December 2-8, 2018: RUNGA Retreat, Dominican Republic. You're invited to join me at RUNGA in December 2018. Join me in the Dominican Republic, one of the most beautiful places in the Caribbean, for this retreat. In all RUNGA activities, RUNGA invites you to come home to yourself. To see everything you'll be getting into, just click here. Use code BEN when you register so you get your gift when you arrive! I'll be there, too. Join the waitlist here.
– December 13-15, 2018: World Congress 2018 Hosted by the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine. If you attend any conference this year, make it the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine’s 26th Annual World Congress. The fact is, in an era of andropause, low drive and deteriorating men's health, it's shocking that both practitioners and the public aren't aware of ancestral wisdom and modern scientific and medical tactics that can be used to optimize male physiology. It's time that changed, and I'll be teaching exactly how to make men, men again. Join me!
This Week's Most Popular Instagram Pic:
View this post on Instagram
Summer lunch can be so simple. Slice a big ol’ zucchini, dredge in egg and coconut flour, sea salt and black pepper, then fry in olive oil 8 minutes each side. Top with a sardine and some good mustard and eat your heart out. I can punish half a dozen of these bad boys for lunch. What novel dishes do YOU make for lunch?
This Week's Most Popular Tweet:
Latest study on red meat shows that (despite what epidemiologists say) if it's unprocessed and somewhat lean in Mediterranean diet context is healthier than poultry: https://t.co/gRG8v3JnP0#mediterraneandiet
— Ben Greenfield (@bengreenfield) August 14, 2018
This Week's Most Popular Facebook Post:
Tonight my family and I prepared a delicious salmon cake topped with sweet potato, homemade lime aioli, & micro-greens….
This Week's Most Popular Snapchat Story:
This week on Snapchat I was in Boulder, Colorado taking you behind the scenes of some pretty exciting stuff coming from my company, Kion. This week we released a brand new kind of healthy energy bar. Check it out! Add me here on Snapchat for more unique tidbits!
This Week's Most Popular Pin from Pinterest:
I created the *NEW* Kion Clean Energy Bar because, unfortunately, most energy bars are HORRIBLE: full of sugar and starch, which can cause dreaded sugar crashes. Or, if the sugar is removed, it’s often replaced with nasty artificial sweeteners that kill gut bacteria and cause neurotoxicity.
Each and every tasty bite of the Kion Clean Energy Bar gives you the guilt-free confidence and guarantee that you're biting into:
- a clean-burning bar that will “hold up” under rigorous conditions of people living hard-charging, high-achieving lives…
- a low-carb, high-fat, moderate-protein bar with zero dairy, zero whey protein isolate, and instead contain a clean hypoallergenic protein source…
- a bar that is low in lectins and free of gluten, saponins and other notorious gut assailants…
- a bar that has plenty of minerals and electrolytes along with perfect amounts of fiber to keep you from getting the notorious “energy bar constipation…”
- a bar that supports recovery with sufficient levels of all essential amino acids and antioxidants, without excess protein to create an insulin spike or aging effect…
- a bar that contains just enough carbohydrate for liver and muscle glycogen restoration and appetite satiety, without necessarily spiking blood sugar…
- a bar that doesn't freeze and turn into a rock-solid brick in frigid temperatures while snowboarding, skiing and hiking and that doesn't melt into a pile of seedy goo upon exposure to hot bike rides, runs and car glove compartments…
- and perhaps most importantly, a bar that doesn't taste like cardboard, has a good crunch and mouthfeel and keeps you satisfied without a “dissolve in my mouth” type of here-and-gone taste, but rather a rich, chocolaty, coconutty, mind-blowing explosion of flavor.
In short, Kion Bar will give you all the nutrients, minerals, deliciousness and appetite satisfaction that you desire in a bar, with none of the harmful ingredients. Try Kion Clean Energy Bar today.
Need Help Fully Optimizing Your Brain & Body?
Did you know you can consult one-on-one with me so that I can personalize a nutrition or fitness plan for you to reach your goals? Are you training for physical performance? Trying to shed fat or gain lean muscle as fast as possible? Ready to tap into the most cutting-edge health, fitness and longevity protocols? Contact me so I can get you exactly what you need to reach your goals as safely and quickly as possible.
Leave your comments below – and any news or discoveries that you think I missed!