Welcome to Ben Greenfield's Weekly Roundup and Cool New Discoveries!
Ben Greenfield's discoveries from the latest news from the fronts of fitness, nutrition, health, wellness, biohacking and anti-aging research. I also recap my upcoming events and special announcements so you can keep up with giveaways, discounts, and more!
New Discoveries Of The Week: Cool New Things I'm Trying, Books I'm Reading, And More!
– Little-Known Aphrodisiac I'm Using
Blue Lotus Essential Oil: The last time I was at the Human Garage getting some bodywork done, a practitioner informed me of the extreme aphrodisiac properties of blue lotus essential oil – in this case highlighting an entertaining story of dogs being rendered helplessly incapable on not humping his leg when he was wearing it. I dug into it, and it turns out that valued since glorification from the Egyptians in ancient times, blue water lily (also called “lotus”) is considered to be not only great for pre-date or pre-sex, but also mood-elevating, enchanting and seductive. Nifty. You can read more about it or grab it now from my favorite source – the wizards at Essential Oil Wizardry.
– Book I'm Reading
Be A Man: As I wrote about here, I'm bringing my boys through a series of character-building books between now and the time they're 13. Currently, we're just finishing up “Be A Man“. Written by Father Larry Richards, it recounts his struggles to learn true manhood, as well as the inspiring stories of others he has served in his decades as a priest. He tells men how to focus on the right goal, how to live an upright life, and the need to acknowledge one's faults and take responsibility. Not preachy but direct, the book challenges men to be strong, without putting on a mask of false strength or machismo, and to become the true heroes they long to be–men of authentic courage, compassion and integrity. This is a highly readable book for men by a man who knows how to talk to men about the things that matter most. Grab it here.
– Exercise I'm Doing
Kettlebell Windmill. As you can see in this Instagram post, my boys and I are learning a new kettlebell exercise called the “Windmill”. Windmills are a wonderful way to build mobility, stability and strength, and I have a kettlebell by the door of my office so I've been doing 3 for each side whenever I step over the kettlebell – great for a quick, functional core and mobility “snack”. Here's a good demo video from kettlebell master Steve Cotter.
Podcasts I Recorded This Week:
Every month, Ben Greenfield releases never-before-seen videos, audios and PDFs inside the BenGreenfieldFitness “Premium” channel (just $10/year to access!). You can click here to go Premium and access an entire vault of protected content!
Articles I Published This Week:
My full article feed and all past archives of my articles are here if you want to check out past articles.
Articles & Podcasts Ben Greenfield Was Featured In This Week:
::: Win A Bottle of Gas-Banishing Atrantil :::
Do you experience embarrassing gas, bloating or abdominal discomfort? New research shows a big part of this is due to methane-producing bacteria that has weaseled its way into your gut. Left untreated, these bacteria feed off the foods you eat and cause abdominal discomfort, gas, and bloating. I recently had Kenneth Brown, MD on my show, a gastroenterologist who really knows his way around your gut, to talk about what it is exactly that causes one to decommission a bathroom or just have uncomfortable bloating or gas! In this very informative podcast Ken gave me full debrief on solving mysterious gas and bloating: natural polyphenols…
To get these polyphenols into your gut, Ken came up with the idea for a supplement formula called Atrantil which reduces unwanted bacteria in the upper GI tract. Atrantil has 3 active ingredients — Peppermint, Quebracho, and Horse Chestnut extract. All three of these are gas-banishing polyphenols. After their work is done in the small bowel, they move to the colon where they break down into beneficial compounds, which technically makes them a great prebiotic, too.
I am choosing 6 winners to receive a FREE bottle of Atrantil (can only ship to US addresses). To enter to win simply click here and comment, either in emojis or in your own words…what does a healthy gut mean to YOU? I’ll pick 6 winners next week! Save 15% on your Atrantil order here with code: BEN.
::: Meet the New Joovv :::
After Joovv launched their original models several years ago, I couldn't have been more excited to try them out. The only drawback to these devices was wishing for more treatment size options, as well as additional ways to mount my Joovv. Well, sounds like they heard me. Meet the new Joovv Modular System. The ideal light therapy experience should match your individual wellness goals, your lifestyle, and your planned treatment area. So Joovv personalized the experience. The new modular system lets you connect up to 6 Joovvs in a single system. If you’re new to light therapy and want to try it out, you can start with just one device and work up from there. Learn more and try it out today.
– October 14 – 16, 2018: SPARK BioHacking Conference, Toronto, Ontario. The 2018 SPARK Bio-Hack Conference features a series of talks by leaders across a range of fields with an eye on optimizing human performance, recovery, and longevity. Researchers, medical specialists and other biohacking experts will share provocative, informative, and inspiring presentations meant to amplify your life. Registration is now open, secure your spot here.
– October 11 – 14, 2018: 2018 RUNGA California Immersion Retreat, Napa, California. Runga is going to Napa! Join me, my wife, Jessa, Joe DiStefano and a small, intimate group of like-minded individuals for a weekend-long getaway. We’ve rented a beautiful mansion located in one of the most iconic countrysides in America– Napa Valley. We’ve thought of everything that you could possibly need to gently “press the reboot button” on your body and completely tune in to your heart, mind, body, strength, and spirit. Join the waitlist!
– November 1 – 4, 2018: Live It To Lead It Health Centers of the Future Seminar, Las Vegas, Nevada. Create the life you want, the marriage you want, the family you want—all fueled by a practice that radically changes the lives of your patients. this three-day event, you’ll learn the latest medical discoveries in cellular health, get a marketing plan for scaling your practice and find ways to build residual passive income. Join me!
– December 2-8, 2018: RUNGA Retreat, Dominican Republic. You're invited to join me at RUNGA in December 2018. Join me in the Dominican Republic, one of the most beautiful places in the Caribbean, for this retreat. In all RUNGA activities, RUNGA invites you to come home to yourself. To see everything you'll be getting into, just click here. Use code BEN when you register so you get your gift when you arrive! I'll be there, too. Join the waitlist here.
– December 13-15, 2018: World Congress 2018 Hosted by the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine. If you attend any conference this year, make it the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine’s 26th Annual World Congress. The fact is, in an era of andropause, low drive and deteriorating men's health, it's shocking that both practitioners and the public aren't aware of ancestral wisdom and modern scientific and medical tactics that can be used to optimize male physiology. It's time that changed, and I'll be teaching exactly how to make men, men again. Join me!
This Week's Most Popular Instagram Pic:
View this post on Instagram
This is my prerace meal before the @spartanrace Breckenridge. Step one: buy a half rotisserie chicken… I got mine from @wholefoods … step two: get a bunch of vegetables from the salad bar and dump them on top of the chicken… Step three: cover in olive oil and sea salt then broil for about eight minutes.… Step 4: eat, crush a pint of @halotopcreamery cinnamon roll ice cream, sleep, wake up and go crush life. If you want to see everything else I do before the race go check out the story I have right now at Snapchat.com/bgfitness
This Week's Most Popular Tweet:
— Ben Greenfield (@bengreenfield) August 21, 2018
This Week's Most Popular Facebook Post:
Want to make yourself an 80-calorie breakfast that keeps your appetite satiated for 5-6 hours? Here's exactly how I do…
This Week's Most Popular Snapchat Story:
This week on Snapchat I showed you exactly what my Spartan pre-race rituals are. Here is the delicious & nutritious meal I made. Save 10% on your next race with code FINISH10 at checkout! Add me here on Snapchat for more unique tidbits!
This Week's Most Popular Pin from Pinterest:
I created the *NEW* Kion Clean Energy Bar because, unfortunately, most energy bars are HORRIBLE: full of sugar and starch, which can cause dreaded sugar crashes. Or, if the sugar is removed, it’s often replaced with nasty artificial sweeteners that kill gut bacteria and cause neurotoxicity.
Each and every tasty bite of the Kion Clean Energy Bar gives you the guilt-free confidence and guarantee that you're biting into:
- a clean-burning bar that will “hold up” under rigorous conditions of people living hard-charging, high-achieving lives…
- a low-carb, high-fat, moderate-protein bar with zero dairy, zero whey protein isolate, and instead contain a clean hypoallergenic protein source…
- a bar that is low in lectins and free of gluten, saponins and other notorious gut assailants…
- a bar that has plenty of minerals and electrolytes along with perfect amounts of fiber to keep you from getting the notorious “energy bar constipation…”
- a bar that supports recovery with sufficient levels of all essential amino acids and antioxidants, without excess protein that can result in gut issues…
- a bar that contains just enough carbohydrate for liver and muscle glycogen restoration and appetite satiety, without sugar crashes…
In short, Kion Bar will give you all the nutrients, minerals, deliciousness and appetite satisfaction that you desire in a bar, with none of the harmful ingredients. Try Kion Clean Energy Bar today.
Need Help Fully Optimizing Your Brain & Body?
Did you know you can consult one-on-one with me so that I can personalize a nutrition or fitness plan for you to reach your goals? Are you training for physical performance? Trying to shed fat or gain lean muscle as fast as possible? Ready to tap into the most cutting-edge health, fitness and longevity protocols? Contact me so I can get you exactly what you need to reach your goals as safely and quickly as possible.
Leave your comments below – and any news or discoveries that you think I missed!