Welcome to Ben Greenfield’s Weekly Roundup and Cool New Discoveries!
Ben Greenfield’s discoveries from the latest news from the fronts of fitness, nutrition, health, wellness, biohacking and anti-aging research. I also recap my upcoming events and special announcements so you can keep up with giveaways, discounts, and more!
New Discoveries Of The Week: Cool New Things I’m Trying, Books I’m Reading, And More!
– Favorite New Drink: Moscow Mules Made With Zevia Ginger Beer
Some time ago, I interviewed for my podcast the owner of “Zevia”, which is like my own personal crack cocaine: stevia flavored soda that I tend to drink at a rate of one to two of per day (my favorite flavor is “Creme Soda”). Much to my delight and pleasure, Zevia just launched a brand new ginger beer. Considering my summer cocktail of choice is a homemade Moscow Mule on ice – a mix of gin or vodka, fresh squeeze of lime, a splash of bitters, a garnish of wild mint, a pinch of sea salt and, of course, a generous helping of ginger beer – this is a way to make an amazing cocktail and get none of the high fructose corn syrup in just about every brand of ginger beer that exists. Zero calories, folks – count ’em: zero. Grab the ginger beer from Amazon here (it’s got no alcohol – it’s for mixing).
– Fancy Way To Get Glutathione: The Almsbio “Mitochondrial Therapy” (MitoTherapy) Vitamin Cocktail
Glutathione, COQ10, and Pyrroloquinoline Quinone (PQQ) – when combined – form a potent “Mitochondrial Cocktail” that is highly therapeutic for…you guessed it, your mitochondria. This potent combination is fantastic for enhancing mitochondrial health and supporting a proper detoxification Phase 1 and Phase 2 by the liver.
I’m a big fan of glutathione for a variety of reasons. Our human ancestral propensity is to be low in glycine (glycine is necessary for good glutathione status) and my genetic testing results show my own glutathione production is low. COQ10 is a naturally occurring antioxidant that our bodies need to process energy and function properly. Our cells use COQ10 to help turn the energy we consume from carbohydrates into adenosine triphosphate (ATP), the form of energy our cells use to carry out many critical functions in the body. Then there’s Pyrroloquinoline Quinone (PQQ), which has been shown to support the growth of brand new mitochondria through a process called “mitochondrial biogenesis”. Together, CoQ10 and PQQ offer a noticeable upgrade to your energy production – and the clever delivery system of the glutathione wraps the ingredients in liposomes – tiny fat molecules that protect them from your stomach acid and deliver them all the way to your bloodstream. Plus it’s tasty too, unlike the “liquid dog fart” taste of many glutathione blends. My kids, both of whom have been genetically tested and shown to be low in glutathione production just like me, also take this stuff every day. Click here to get it and save 10% with code “BenGreenfield10”.
– Book: Giftology
Radical generosity is the against-the-grain secret weapon of real influencers, and it will allow you to boost referrals, retention rates, and ROI like few other strategies. But be warned, gifts with strings attached backfire. There is a right, and wrong, way to give. My friend John Ruhlin has gifted on behalf of everyone – from little ol’ me to Forbes Magazine to a host of Fortune 500 companies, and his gifting tactics lead to incredible personal and business relationships. In the book, through poignant personal stories and data-backed evidence, Ruhlin breaks down how anyone-from mail clerk to managing director-can master the magic of what he calls “Giftology” by teaching mastering reciprocity, the hidden bottom line booster; laser-targeting whom to give a gift and when to use thrift; uncovering your client’s inner circle and becoming part of it; giving wholeheartedly and reaping the rewards of an expanding business and fruitful relationships, professional and personal alike. If you own a business, work in human resources, or interact with clients and customers, you need to read this. Click here to grab the book.
Podcasts I Recorded This Week
Every month, Ben Greenfield releases never-before-seen videos, audios and .pdf’s inside the BenGreenfieldFitness “Premium” channel (just $10/year to access!). You can click here to go Premium and access an entire vault of protected content!
Articles I Published This Week:
My full article feed and all past archives of my articles are here if you want to check out past articles.
Articles & Podcasts Ben Greenfield Was Featured In This Week:
::: Come Hang Out With Me in the Rocky Mountains Next Weekend :::
Perhaps the specialist of special announcements is that myself and the team from my company, Kion, are going to compete together in the Rockies in Breckenridge, CO to compete in the Spartan race. If you have time to hang out on Sunday, I’ll be there. We’ll be there for the sprint, the “easy” one (as easy as you make it) and we’re all going to race around 10 AM. I’ll do the elite heat at 7 AM and come back out to join them and race again…because I am a glutton for punishment. AROO! Sign up now and save 10% with code FINISH10!
::: Paleo f(x)™ 2019 Early Bird Tickets :::
This April I’ll be back as a featured speaker at the annual Paleo f(x)™ event in Austin, TX, and I would love for you to join me! From now until August 31, you can save up to 25% off with special early bird pricing. Plus, you can take advantage of their early bird badges layaway plan: put down ⅓ upfront, then make the other 2 easy payments every two months. Pretty good deal eh…
Paleo f(x)™ is the biggest Paleo gathering in the world. If you’ve never attended, it’s the perfect place to become inspired and empowered to take your health to the next level. Throughout the weekend, you’ll get plenty of opportunities to:
– Mix and mingle with your tribe—Connect with like-minded colleagues and friends who are as passionate about living a vibrant life as you are.
– Immerse and empower yourself—Discover something new or deepen your knowledge. We’ll have experts speaking about the latest in epigenetics, biohacking, Keto, AIP, nootropics, blood testing, strength conditioning, sleep, stress and much more.
– Play and try out the latest technology, gadgets, and workouts—learn from our trainers, taste-test delicious, paleo-friendly foods, and discover how fit you really are with the Paleo f(x)™ FitScore. Save on your tickets today!
::: Kettle and Fire :::
Can we talk about the 800 lb gorilla in the room of “living a healthy lifestyle” that everybody knows about, but almost no one seriously acknowledges? If you’re committed to living healthy, then there aren’t 10,000 problems you need to solve. There’s only one. And it’s this: how can you eat something that is both healthy and so truly delicious you actually want to eat it? Well, the folks at Kettle and Fire went a little crazy and took a risk on upgrading a classic: beefy bean chili. That’s right. Now you can have the known health benefits of Kettle and Fire’s clean, excellent quality bone broth and some beefy, bean chili at once. Say no more. I’m sold. Are you? Check it out here and save for a limited time on this brand new flavor!
– August 19, 2018: Colorado Rockies Ultra Beast and Sprint Weekend, Breckenridge, Colorado. The mountain is calling! This is an extra-special Spartan race. Team members from my company, Kion, and I are competing together in the beautiful Rocky Mountains. Experience the immense beauty of Colorado while conquering climbs, crawls, carries and traverses. We’re doing the Sprint around 10 AM on Sunday. We hope to see you there!
– October 14-16, 2018: SPARK BioHacking Conference, Toronto, Ontario. The 2018 SPARK Bio-Hack Conference features a series of talks by leaders across a range of fields with an eye on optimizing human performance, recovery, and longevity. Researchers, medical specialists and other biohacking experts will share provocative, informative, and inspiring presentations meant to amplify your life. Registration is now open, secure your spot here.
– October 11 – 14, 2018: 2018 RUNGA California Immersion Retreat. Runga is going to Napa! Join me, my wife, Jessa, Joe DiStefano and a small, intimate group of like-minded individuals for a weekend-long getaway. We’ve rented a beautiful mansion located in one of the most iconic countrysides in America– Napa Valley. We’ve thought of everything that you could possibly need to gently “press the reboot button” on your body and completely tune in to your heart, mind, body, strength, and spirit. Join the waitlist!
– December 2-8, 2018: RUNGA Retreat, Dominican Republic. You’re invited to join me at RUNGA in December 2018. Join me in the Dominican Republic, one of the most beautiful places in the Caribbean, for this retreat. In all RUNGA activities, RUNGA invites you to come home to yourself. To see everything you’ll be getting into, just click here. Use code BEN when you register so you get your gift when you arrive! I’ll be there, too. Join the waitlist here.
– December 13-15, 2018: World Congress 2018 Hosted by the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine. If you attend any conference this year, make it the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine’s 26th Annual World Congress. The fact is, in an era of andropause, low drive and deteriorating men’s health, it’s shocking that both practitioners and the public aren’t aware of ancestral wisdom and modern scientific and medical tactics that can be used to optimize male physiology. It’s time that changed, and I’ll be teaching exactly how to make men, men again. Join me!
This Week’s Most Popular Instagram Pic:
View this post on Instagram
I have officially died and gone to heaven, I think. Seriously – I have become a @TraegerGrills grill convert (thanks to @JoeRogan for alerting me of the existence of this ambrosia-generating contraption). It is basically the "Cadillac" of #barbecue #grills and I made my very, very first meal on it: smoked grass-fed bone-in Ribeye with BBQ corn on the cob. I have never in my life had such good grilled meat– all from my friggin' back porch. Better yet, this grill automates everything for you!
This Week’s Most Popular Tweet:
12 Basic, Natural & Easy Habits To Enhance Longevity: https://t.co/rVBFU3uuRf
— Ben Greenfield (@bengreenfield) August 6, 2018
This Week’s Most Popular Facebook Post:
On Sundays, I typically avoid heavy physical training and instead focus on the spiritual disciplines: breath work,…
This Week’s Most Popular Snapchat Story:
This week on Snapchat I was in Florida taking you behind the scenes of some pretty fringe medical procedures that I even got my wife, Jessa, to join me for. I visited the U.S. Stem Cell Clinic first and then the Health Gains clinic for shockwave therapy to my nether regions…can’t say that’s something you get to see everyday! Add me here on Snapchat for more unique tidbits!
This Week’s Most Popular Pin from Pinterest:
Kion Colostrum goat’s milk colostrum supplement is a unique form of colostrum that has a myriad of health-related benefits – the primary being immune and growth related. This supplement is fantastic for fighting through the heat of the summer endurance events and if you frequently travel because colostrum is made up of an enormous variety of macro and microconstituents such as cytokines, immunoglobulins, lactoferrin, growth factors, proline rich polypeptides (PRPs) and growth-promoting hormones.
These components play important biological roles that are vital to proper health and immune function, including:
- Cytokines: Part of your systemic immune system. These hormones keep communication between immune cells active (no communication means low immunity, frequent sickness, and susceptibility to illness!)
- Growth Factors: (IGF-I, IGF-II, EGF) As the name implies, growth factors assist with maintenance and growth of certain body tissues, including muscle and the gastrointestinal lining.
- Lactoferrin: Lactoferrin assists with iron absorption and is a crucial part of your immune defense system.
- Growth Hormone: Growth Hormone (GH) works individually as well as together with the other growth factors in colostrum to aid in the growth and function of gastrointestinal tissues, muscle and more.
- Immunoglobulins: (IgA, IgD, IgE, IgG, IgM) Immunoglobulins are small proteins that are used by your immune system to seek out and destroy foreign antigens (invaders).
- Proline-Rich Polypeptides: PRPs are important immune system regulators that encourage the growth of white blood cells and may restore the balance of cellular immune functions. PRPs may defend against oxidative stress and support brain health.
Need Help Fully Optimizing Your Brain & Body?
Did you know you can consult one-on-one with me so that I can personalize a nutrition or fitness plan for you to reach your goals? Are you training for physical performance? Trying to shed fat or gain lean muscle as fast as possible? Ready to tap into the most cutting-edge health, fitness and longevity protocols? Contact me so I can get you exactly what you need to reach your goals as safely and quickly as possible.
Leave your comments below – and any news or discoveries that you think I missed!