Welcome to Ben Greenfield's Weekly Roundup and Cool New Discoveries!
Ben Greenfield's discoveries from the latest news from the fronts of fitness, nutrition, health, wellness, biohacking and anti-aging research. I also recap my upcoming events and special announcements so you can keep up with giveaways, discounts, and more!
New Discoveries Of The Week: Cool New Things I'm Trying, Books I'm Reading, And More!
– Low Calorie Drinks I've Been Using As Staples
I'm often asked if I sip on kombucha, diet soda, green tea, or some other low-calorie beverage during the day, on a plane flight, before or after a meal, etc. In no particular order of importance, these are currently the top 4 low calorie beverages in my diet:
– Pellegrino or Gerolsteiner in glass bottles (I highly recommend adding Omica Organic Butterscotch Toffee Stevia)
– Zevia Soda (click here to listen to my fascinating podcast with the CEO)
– Bragg’s Organic Apple Cider Vinegar Drinks (*AMAZING* digestifs, but choose versions with no sugar, like Ginger Spice)
– Kevita Coconut Water Kefir (also choose versions with low residual sugar/calories, like Lemon Cayenne)
– Supplements I've Been Adding To Drinks At Restaurants As Alternatives To Alcohol
At dinners, even long ones at restaurants, I typically limit myself to no more than two (maximum!) drinks of alcohol. But I always have my fanny pack handy, and within the deep recesses of that fanny pack, or somewhere in my coat pockets, I have:
Any of these can be added to sparkling water or soda water, with, say, a squeeze of lemon and some ice, to dress up your drink. Bon appétit!
Podcasts I Recorded This Week:
Every month, Ben Greenfield releases never-before-seen videos, audios and PDFs inside the BenGreenfieldFitness “Premium” channel (just $10/year to access!). You can click here to go Premium and access an entire vault of protected content!
Articles I Published This Week:
My full article feed and all past archives of my articles are here if you want to check out past articles.
Articles & Podcasts I Was Featured In This Week:
::: Saturday Is the Official International Day of Coffee…Which Means… :::
Science has determined that coffee is good for you. VERY good for you! Kion Coffee is an antioxidant powerhouse, averaging at least double the antioxidant content compared to all other coffees tested. In some cases, Kion Coffee contained 10 times more than other organic, popular coffee brands. Order as many bags as you wish and, this Saturday only,. get a cool 15% off your purchase when you use discount code “COFFEEDAY15”. You'll also receive 15% off your first month's subscription for additional 15% off subscription for first month). This discount is valid Saturday, September 29 ONLY! Enjoy!
::: Join the Less Doing Community :::
Are you an “soloprenuer”? Do you have ambitious goals, but limited resources, and an even more limited community with whom to exchange ideas?
Support and accountability are critical to the success of any entrepreneur’s vision. Join a vibrant community of people on similar quests. Help and be helped by the people who get you the most. Join today (for free!)
::: Calling All Health And Wellness Practitioners…2019 Is Almost Here :::
If you want to discover a fresh approach to improving the lives of your clients as we head into the new year, I recommend attending the Live It To Lead conference in Las Vegas hosted by Dr. Dan Pompa, myself and dozens of other industry thought leaders. At this conference, you will discover:
- The latest science regarding fasting and ketosis as exercise and performance aids, as well as super catalysts for healing and weight loss from leaders in the field.
- The new heavy metal and chemical subluxation threats that may soon be branded as the plagues of the 21st century.
- How to integrate stem cell therapy in your treatment plans for pain, anti-aging and healing.
- Diet and nutrition counseling strategies, rooted actually in what one doesn't eat. Discover why intermittent fasting may be the most important discovery in anti-aging and hormone optimization.
As you can see, we will be presenting thought-provoking topics that will transform your practice. You will also experience daily workouts led by me, and much, much more! Early bird pricing PLUS $200 off your ticket with code “bg200” expires September 30. Register today.
::: Get a Special Gift With Purchase of the NEW Joovv :::
Light therapy, also known as photobiomodulation (makes you sound smart at a cocktail party) can positively impact mood, collagen, testosterone, sexual performance, thyroid function and a host of other parameters – there are even organizations considering banning athletes using it because it's so powerful for enhancing performance (don't worry you jocks out there – it's still legal).
The Joovv Elite setup is modular so you can concentrate the light exactly where you want, and even switch between the and far infrared settings yourself. It's the “Cadillac” of light therapy. It's brand new, it's flying off the shelves, it's totally customizable, and you can get it here. Use the referral code BEN at checkout to get some cool, Joovv-branded swag along with your order!
– October 14 – 16, 2018: SPARK BioHacking Conference, Toronto, Ontario. The 2018 SPARK Bio-Hack Conference features a series of talks by leaders across a range of fields with an eye on optimizing human performance, recovery, and longevity. Researchers, medical specialists and other biohacking experts will share provocative, informative, and inspiring presentations meant to amplify your life. Registration is now open, secure your spot here.
– October 11 – 14, 2018: 2018 RUNGA California Immersion Retreat, Napa, California. Runga is going to Napa! Join me, my wife, Jessa, Joe DiStefano and a small, intimate group of like-minded individuals for a weekend-long getaway. We’ve rented a beautiful mansion located in one of the most iconic countrysides in America– Napa Valley. We’ve thought of everything that you could possibly need to gently “press the reboot button” on your body and completely tune in to your heart, mind, body, strength, and spirit. Join the waitlist!
– November 1 – 4, 2018: Live It To Lead It Health Centers of the Future Seminar, Las Vegas, Nevada. Create the life you want, the marriage you want, the family you want—all fueled by a practice that radically changes the lives of your patients. this three-day event, you’ll learn the latest medical discoveries in cellular health, get a marketing plan for scaling your practice and find ways to build residual passive income. Join me!
– December 2-8, 2018: RUNGA Retreat, Dominican Republic. You're invited to join me at RUNGA in December 2018. Join me in the Dominican Republic, one of the most beautiful places in the Caribbean, for this retreat. In all RUNGA activities, RUNGA invites you to come home to yourself. To see everything you'll be getting into, just click here. Use code BEN when you register so you get your gift when you arrive! I'll be there, too. Join the waitlist here.
– December 14-16, 2018: World Congress 2018 Hosted by the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine, Las Vegas, Nevada. If you attend any conference this year, make it the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine’s 26th Annual World Congress. The fact is, in an era of andropause, low drive and deteriorating men's health, it's shocking that both practitioners and the public aren't aware of ancestral wisdom and modern scientific and medical tactics that can be used to optimize male physiology. It's time that changed, and I'll be teaching exactly how to make men, men again. Join me!
– April 6-7, 2019: FitCon Summit, Salt Lake City, Utah. FitCon® encourages everyone to Find Their Fit. It does not matter whether it is powerlifting, Crossfit, bodybuilding, roller derby, or even axe throwing. Be sure to visit the Kion booth in the expo!
This Week's Most Popular Instagram Pic:
View this post on Instagram
I look forward everyday to my big-ass lunchtime salads which I eat about 365 days a year. My approach is quite simple: I choose anywhere from 2-7 different wild plants herbs and greens, such as Swiss chard, kale, arugula, etc., some type of tomato (in this case, fresh red tomato and a green tomatillo assortment from the garden), some type of meat– usually fish (in this case @wildplanetfoods sardines in oil), some type of seed or nut (in this case, sesame seeds), a big carrot that I usually put something on top of, such as almond butter or in this case a turmeric sauce, and spices to taste– such as salt and pepper, cayenne, thyme, rosemary, fennel seeds, etc. I usually eat the entire salad enveloped in a giant seaweed nori warp. And that's it! Now it's your turn. What is your favorite salad recipe? I look forward to trying out your salad ideas myself.
This Week's Most Popular Tweet:
What do you think about this concept of your health insurance premiums being dictated by your personal health or fitness wearable/tracker? https://t.co/kiSwDdmjCI
— Ben Greenfield (@bengreenfield) September 26, 2018
This Week's Most Popular Facebook Post:
This is how I make my breakfast when I'm a hungry boy and want to dump a bunch of superfoods into my body. I've messed around with a few ways of doing this and dialed in this recipe to share with you for mind-blowing chocolate-avocado ice cream topped with spirulina, nut butter and the Kion energy bar.. Check it out and let me know what you think. ;) —Kettle & Fire Bone BrothPerfect Keto OrganifiOmica Organics
Posted by Ben Greenfield Fitness on Monday, September 24, 2018
This Week's Most Popular Snapchat Story:
This week on Snapchat I told you about a slammin' deal Naveen Jain, founder of the advanced gut microbiome test, Viome, personally offered to me to share with you: he has just DOUBLED the discount on the complete microbiome test for your gut, knocking the test from $399 down to $299. This discount automatically applies when you click here. Add me here on Snapchat to follow along!
This Week's Most Popular Pin from Pinterest:
Healthy for the Heart, Brain and So Much More!*
Evidence for the heart and brain health benefits from omega-3 fish oil is undeniable.* But LivingFuel SuperEssentials® Omega 3EDA+ does not stop there. It is far more than just fish oil; it is a sophisticated Antioxidant Essential Fatty Acids supplement and it’s ideal for the entire family.
SuperEssentials® Omega 3EDA+ is formulated to:
- Promote healthy brain and heart function*
- Support healthy circulation*
- Support the body's healthy response to inflammation*
- Enhance mood*
While it does contain ultra-pure fish oils in their natural trigylceride form, it also contains protective Omega-6 GLA from borage seed oil, the powerful antioxidants Vitamin D and Vitamin A, full-spectrum Vitamin E tocopherols and tocotrienols, and the super powerful carotenoid Astaxanthin. SuperEssentials® Omega is the perfect complement to LivingFuel's functional superfoods and comes in easy-to-swallow buffalo gelatin capsules.
Conventional fish oil supplements contain significantly more EPA than DHA (typically a 3:2 EPA:DHA ratio), but SuperEssentials® Omega 3EDA+ contains additional DHA that gives it a 1:1 EPA:DHA ratio. Mounting research suggests that higher levels of DHA are optimal for human health, supporting the new 1:1 ratio.
When it comes to omega-3 fatty acids, not all fish oils are created equal. The best quality Omega-3 fats like those in SuperEssentials® Omega 3EDA+ come from small fish like sardines and anchovies that thrive in cold waters. Unfortunately, many of the supplements lining the aisles of health food stores contain inexpensive fish oils from large fish that swim in suspect waters. Plus, they often contain fillers and synthetic materials that can rob the body of nutrition.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Need Help Fully Optimizing Your Brain & Body?
Did you know you can consult one-on-one with me so that I can personalize a nutrition or fitness plan for you to reach your goals? Are you training for physical performance? Trying to shed fat or gain lean muscle as fast as possible? Ready to tap into the most cutting-edge health, fitness and longevity protocols? Contact me so I can get you exactly what you need to reach your goals as safely and quickly as possible.
Leave your comments below – and any news or discoveries that you think I missed!