Quite a few of the common complaints that people have may be due to heavy metal toxicity. Fatigue, poor mood and sleep, low immunity, low hormones, brain fog, are all common symptoms of heavy metal poisoning. But metals can be “chelated” or removed from the body in a detoxification scenario, and Metal-Free Heavy Metal Detox Spray is a new concept in Heavy Metal Detoxification. Metal-Free is not a traditional chelator like other metal detox supplements, and here's why:
The word chelation comes from the Greek word, “chela”, or claw, and this refers to the way that a specific chemical molecule, the chelating agent, binds to a heavy metal. Chelators are used to bind heavy metals and move them out of the body. Chelators bind by using ionic bonds, which are the attractions between the positive charge of a heavy metal and the negative charge of the chelating molecule. They have a natural attraction and that is how they work.
But Metal-Free is not a chelator. It does not work that way. Metal Free is instead composed of a unique short protein chain, called a peptide, which is very small and easily absorbed. The way the peptide interacts with the heavy metal is to wrap around it in such a way that the heavy metal is not free to interfere or block an important body process (this is appropriately called “cage binding”). Metal-Free actually forms a surrounding cage around the mercury, arsenic, lead, aluminum, uranium or cadmium – which your body then removes by excreting it in the stool and then out of the body.
Metal-Free Ingredients include:
– Microactivated algae, lactobacillus and bifidus extracts – a culture of bacteria involved in a microfermentation process with algae and the following nutrients. Certain nutrients from the culture are then extracted and filtered using a four-step process.
– Peptidylgluconase – an enzyme with binding properties produced by the lactobacilli during fermentation. It is also involved in glucose metabolism.
– Glycine – a component of a bile acid, and along with glutamic acid and cysteine, makes up glutathione, a free radical fighter and key detoxifier of the liver.
– Ionic sea minerals – An ionic mineral is an element that has either positive or negative charge. Ionic minerals are part of a process that allows the body to facilitate changes that move nutrients to the areas that need them. Your body relies on ionic minerals and trace elements to conduct and generate billions of tiny electrical impulses. It has long been known that the blood contains the same minerals as are found in seawater.
– Hydrated colloidal silica, which is found in every living substance on earth, and is a vital component to the health and regeneration of human cells. It is a basic constituent for proper body function and a key element in the lungs; the spleen; the lymph nodes; the blood; connective tissues; the nails; the hair; the skin; the skeletal system (bones); the blood vessels; cartilage and tendons.
– Glutathione – a small peptide that dumps free radicals as well as being an antioxidant, heavy metal detoxifier, protector of red blood cell integrity and a transporter of various proteins. It also helps to regenerate vitamin C.
– Vitamin C – as a potent antioxidant, Vitamin C can help prevent damage to DNA, lipids and proteins caused by free radical molecules. Studies have shown that Vitamin C can also help remove heavy metals.
– Hyaluronic Acid – a natural substance with physiological therapeutic activity. It is a highly viscous substance with numerous biological functions that is found in a variety of body tissues. In the body, it is part of a jelly-like complex necessary for transportation of essential nutrients from the bloodstream, via the capillary network, to the living cells of the skin.
– Fulvic, Ferulic and Lipoic Acids – Fulvic acids are excellent natural chelators and are vitally important in the nutrition of cells. Ferulic acid is an organic acid, and its major physiological role is likely to be its potent antioxidant and photo-protective function. Lipoic acid has been used for many years to protect the liver and to help detoxify the body of heavy metals, such as excessive copper and iron and toxic metals such as cadmium, lead and mercury.
– Chlorella – Numerous studies have shown chlorella's detoxifying effect on cadmium, heavy metals, PCBs and chlordecone (a harmful insecticide).
– N-acetylcysteine (NAC) – a powerful antioxidant and a powerful tool in maintaining immunity. It also can detoxify heavy metals such as mercury, lead and cadmium.
Metal-Free has been analyzed by King James Medical and Doctor's Data laboratories for mercury contamination (as well as other heavy metals) and was shown to be free of such contamination.