In 1989, acclaimed exercise physiologist, author inventor and swimmer Rob Sleamaker walked into the American Swim Coaches Association World Clinic with an unconventional new machine. He called it the “Vasa Trainer”. The Vasa was a simple swim bench that would change dryland swim training forever. Rob had seen the effects of intensely focused dryland training firsthand with Olympic level Nordic skiers – but now it was time to see if the worlds most respected swim coaches would be interested in training their swimmers outside of the pool on such a device.
The answer was a resounding yes. By the end of the conference, Rob had taken orders – three of those orders from the legendary U.S. Olympic swim coaches Richard Quick, Nort Thornton and Richard Shoulberg.
By 1992, a multitude of athletes on the U.S. swim team were using the Vasa Trainer for dedicated dry-land workouts and for the 1996 Atlanta Olympics, the U.S. swim team coaches requested Vasa Trainers for the aquatic training area. The Vasa Trainers have held an honored spot at every Olympic competition since.
At the same time the Vasa started showing up across the nation, becoming a commonly accepted and crucial training tool of top-tier swimming programs. Coach Richard Shoulberg of Germantown Academy would dub the poolside row of 9 Vasa Trainers as “Lane Seven” – a dry land extension to their 6-lane pool, and the Vasa Swim Ergometer became ubiquitous among the nation's top swim teams as the ultimate swim bench for improving endurance, sustained power and swimming technique.
Now you can use the Vasa Trainer to get the same outstanding results for your own swim-specific power and endurance, and even add extensions for activities like stand-up paddleboarding and rowing! Its variable airflow resistance system accurately replicates the feeling of swimming in the water, allowing you to build endurance and power as never before – even when you don't have the time to make it to the pool, when it's too cold to swim, or when you need to set up a bike or treadmill beside the trainer for an amazingly sport-specific triathlon training workout.
Your Vasa Swim Ergometer is the same unit that Ben Greenfield keeps in his basement gym besides his bike trainer, and it includes the following features:
– Anatomic bench and paddles to encourage proper swim technique and teach your upper back muscles, arms, elbows and wrists, how to be in the exact correct position when you swim…
– Easily adjustable airflow resistance with 7 settings for swimming with high cadence and low resistance or high resistance and low cadence…
– A precision drive shaft, fan flywheel and bearings for smooth and quiet action…
– A rugged and durable tubular steel frame coated with a durable baked-on epoxy finish, allowing you to keep your Vasa trainer indoors or outdoors…
– A Power Meter that completes your swim training system by providing instant feedback on your performance and measuring time, distance, pace, stroke rate, watts, and applied force for each arm, while allowing you to do things like simulate races, perform intervals, stay motivated, submit world rankings and have fun!
The Vasa trainer also includes a 90 day money-back guarantee, allowing you to train risk-free with your new swimming machine at your convenience for three months. If you find its not exactly what you've been looking for, Vasa refunds the full purchase price – no questions asked.
And there's a lifetime warranty too. The Vasa is guaranteed against all defects in materials and workmanship for as long as you own it, and Vasa will repair or replace free of charge any parts you need.
So…are you ready to swim where ever and whenever you want, with complete convenience, and the knowledge that you are training your muscles to do exactly what they're supposed to do when you get in the water?
Are you ready to know that you'll never again lose your hard-earned fitness when you can't make it to the pool?
Are you ready for amazing home workouts that let you combined the swim, bike and run with laser precision indoors or outdoors?
Then click here to go to the Vasa website, where you can use code BONUS-GREEN for a 5% discount on an upgrade or an accessory. Enjoy!