In my new book Boundless: Upgrade Your Brain, Optimize Your Body & Defy Aging, I reveal a never-before-seen, systematized approach to increasing healthspan and lifespan using a potent combination of ancestral wisdom and modern science.
Three years in the making and complete with over 600 pages of inspiring stories, workout plans, nutrition protocols, and much more, Boundless is the first step-by-step guide for optimizing every element of your life force and obtaining true, lasting, boundless energy. You’ll discover how to get smarter, sleep better, build muscle, burn fat, fix your gut, have mind-blowing sex, defy aging, and much more.
Fact is, you are far more than average. The power to operate at your full human capacity already exists inside you, just waiting to be unleashed. This book will teach you exactly how.
And I've received plenty of questions about Boundless, including who it's for, what kind of routines and plans are included in it, more specifics on chapter content, and much more. So in this special solosode, I'm not only digging into some of the latest longevity, ketone, caffeine, creatine, sleep, and protein research I've discovered lately, but also answering all your burning questions about Boundless, which you can now order here!
During this discussion, you'll discover:
-News Flashes mentioned in this podcast…4:30
- The launch of Boundless is upon us. Check out the BGF calendar for information on events related to the launch!
- There is SO MUCH wrong in this protein-vilifying research article and I’ll address it in my next podcast
- This just in… Even though it can be beneficial, you don’t have to add MCT oil to your coffee to get the ketosis enhancing benefits of coffee
- Interesting…keeping the forehead cool during sleep may help with insomnia
- Sleep latency (how long it takes you to fall asleep) can predict impending injury/illness in athletes
- Yet another use for creatine…depression
- Cool summary of the latest in anti-aging research
- Yep, you can still be in ketosis without severe carbohydrate restriction (actually you can do it at 25% carb intake)…check out this latest study
- Wow! Ultramarathoners eating up to 600g carbs a day can still stay in a state of ketosis. (Just goes to show that the “30-50g carbs a day” for nutritional ketosis is not applicable to most athletes!)
-Training plans specifically designed for losing fat and/or putting on muscle…35:25
- Physiological parameters I follow:
- Mitochondrial density
- Lactic acid tolerance
- Fat burning and metabolic efficiency
- Strength (w/ an eye on longevity)
- Refer to Chs. 8, 9, 11
-Nutrition plans found in Boundless…40:56
- No one-size-fits-all approach (teaching you to fish rather than handing you a fish)
- Paleo, carb diets, Swiss detox, Colorado Cleanse, Elemental diet, Wahls Protocol, Plant Paradox, Carnivore Diet, Weston A. Price, Mediterranean diets
- Recommended starting points, markers to progress to eventually
- Eating choices w/ specific gene variations, blood and stool markers, etc.
- Refer to Ch 21
-Info on gut/intestinal health…45:15
- Refer to Chapter 13
- Yeast and parasites are addressed
- How to deal w/ insufficient stomach acid
- Food intolerances (malabsorption)
- Best tests to use
- Huge section on mold and mycotoxins
-How women can rebalance their hormones…49:45
- Ch. 19 is on longevity and anti-aging
- Recommended doctors and specialists are mentioned
- Maintaining DHEA levels, use of peptides, etc.
-Recipes included in Boundless…52:16
-The must-read chapter to implement into your lifestyle immediately…54:06
- Chapter 20: Invisible: Hidden Variables that Make or Break Your Mind, Body and Spirit
- How to hire a building biologist (listen to my podcast w/ a building biologist)
- shielding Radiation, 5G, EMFs, etc.
- Biohacks for home and office
- Using light for circadian rhythm; what light to use and when
- How to photosynthesize the body
- Book: The Human Photosynthesis by Arturo Herrera
- My own routines: productivity, software, office hacks, etc.
- Natural household cleaners
- Water (DDW, filtration, structuring, tablets, etc.)
- Also recommend Ch 21 on routines and lifestyle
- Will it be available on Kindle? Yes, but I highly encourage you to get the hard copy.
- Why is it so expensive? Because it's freaking big, comprehensive, and a work of art.
- When will the pre-order copy ship? Book launches and orders will ship on Jan 21, 2020.
- Will it be available in Australia? Yes. Go here to find out how to order.
-A few insider tips from Boundless…1:02:00
- Gene repair
- Little-discussed oils
- How do fish gain the nutrients which make fish oil efficacious?
- Plant-based oil
- Sleep optimization
- Connection between exercise and sleep
- 20-30 minutes of aerobic exercise prior to breakfast (especially in the sunshine) can enhance deep sleep levels
- Training hard in the morning can damage sleep patterns
- Mid-day 20-40 minutes naps timed 5-7 hours after you wake can negate effects of hard workout in the morning, using devices like Fisher Wallace Circadia, HUMU, Nucalm
- Finish your workout at least 3 hours before bedtime
- A few intense 10-minute bouts of exercise can alleviate sleepiness during periods of sleep deprivation
- Transdermal magnesium can relax the joints quickly
- Epsom salts or magnesium salts bath
- Water and Wellness hydrogen tablets
-And much more…
Resources mentioned in this episode:
– MCT Oil
– Go Greenfields cooking podcast
– Book: Dirty Genes by Dr. Ben Lynch
– Water and Wellness hydrogen tablets
– NuCalm device (code: BEN50)
– BGF podcasts you might like:
–Kion Colostrum: Nature’s “first food” that supports immunity, GI function, athletic recovery, and more. BGF listeners, receive a 10% discount off your entire order at Kion when you use discount code: BGF10
–JOOVV: After using the Joovv for close to 2 years, it's the only light therapy device I'd ever recommend. Give it a try: you won't be disappointed. Order using my link and receive a month's supply of Kion Berry Aminos absolutely free.
–P3-OM Probiotic: It's the Navy SEAL of probiotics, and right now you can get a bottle of BiOptimizers P3-OM absolutely free (plus shipping) when you use my link. No gimmicks, no strings attached. Pick it up here!
–Thrive Market: Organic brands you love, for less. Your favorite organic food and products. Fast and free shipping to your doorstep. Receive a gift card up to $20 when you begin a new membership using my link.