May 3, 2018 podcast: 385 – Should You Drink Coffee On An Empty Stomach, The Ultimate Airplane Biohacking Guide, and Natural Ways To Increase Testosterone.
Special Announcements [00:29:08]
This podcast is brought to you by:
-Purathrive – Go to purathrive.com/bengreenfield to automatically get 15% off anything that tickles your fancy.
-Thrive Market – Go to thrivemarket.com/ben to get $60 of free organic groceries now!
–Click here to follow Ben on Snapchat, and get ready for some epic stories about his morning, day and evening routine!
– May 5-6, 2018: Montana Beast and Sprint Weekend, Bigfork, Montana. Join the Spartan Race and discover beautiful Kalispell, Montana as we attempt to make history by breaking the Guinness World Record for most people performing burpees at one time!
– May 19-20, 2018: Socal Beast and Sprint Weekend, Big Bear Lake, California. Big Bear Mountain Resort is a ski area in Southern California. Care to take a guess why ski areas make such great venues for Spartan Races? That’s right…hills! Come out and join me at this incredible race!
– May 26, 2018: Train to Hunt, Bonners Ferry, Idaho. Whether you’re a flatlander, hunt out west, or are past your prime, join me and make yourself a better hunter through fitness. Sign up to join me here!
– May 31 – June 3, 2018: A-Fest, Sardinia, Italy. A-Fest is an invite-only transformational event that gathers a global tribe of change-makers and visionaries who are driven by epic ideas to impact the world. Apply now to get invited.
– June 28 – July 22, 2018: Mind Valley U, Tallinn, Estonia. Mindvalley U is a month-long transformational event that is designed to create a university style education model for all ages. It’s a reimagining of college, community, curriculum, and campus. Best of all it’s available for all ages – whether you are 9 or 90. This will be one of those things you look back on and say: it changed my life. Mind Valley U will be held in Tallinn, Estonia. Did you know the incredible medieval city of Tallinn, Estonia is known for being a city with the highest number of startups per capita and one of the most cutting-edge tech nations on the face of the planet? Sign up, join me, and transform your life!
– July 19, 2018: Ancestral Health Symposium, Bozeman, Montana. “AHS” is a scientific conference which provides a forum for learning and discussion on all areas of human health. With evolutionary mismatch as a unifying theory, speakers present on topics including diet, movement, sleep, stress, epigenetics, and more. Join me this summer!
– October 14-16, 2018: SPARK BioHacking Conference, Toronto, Ontario. The 2018 SPARK Bio-Hack Conference will feature a series of talks by leaders – including yours truly – across a range of fields with an eye on optimizing human performance, recovery, and longevity. Researchers, medical specialists and other biohacking experts will share provocative, informative, and inspiring presentations meant to invigorate you. Besides boosting your performance, you’ll also get to hang out with hundreds of people from your tribe. The SPARK Bio-Hack Conference is a convergence of people who are pushing the limits of what the human mind and body can do. Discover how cross-pollination can get you to the next level. Registration is now open, secure your spot here.
– December 2-8, 2018: RUNGA Retreat, Balaji Palace, Dominican Republic. It's happening again…one of the coolest, most kick-ass events of the year – especially if you dig adventure, fitness and beautiful destination travel. You are cordially invited to join me at RUNGA in December 2018. This event always fills out fast and last I heard only a couple rooms were left. The retreat will be held in the Dominican Republic, at one of the most beautiful places in the Caribbean. With its majestic location on a cliff’s edge overlooking its own private beach, the Balaji Palace is an oceanside paradise – and we've got the whole place to ourselves. In all RUNGA activities from yoga to snorkeling, RUNGA invites you to come home to yourself. To see everything you'll be getting into at RUNGA, just click here. Don't forget to use code BEN when you register for a surprise free gift when you arrive! And of course, I'll be there too. Register here.
Giveaways & Goodies [01:29:36]
-Grab your Official Ben Greenfield Fitness Gear package that comes with a tech shirt, a beanie and a water bottle.
-And of course, this week's top iTunes review – gets some BG Fitness swag straight from Ben – click here to leave your review for a chance to win some!
As compiled, deciphered, edited and sometimes read by Brock Armstrong, the Podcast Sidekick.
Should You Drink Coffee On An Empty Stomach? [00:42:53]
Prahkar says: I just wanted to know if coffee is ok on an empty stomach. Somewhere I read that it is not ok to have without food. I usually fast for a long time so I want to know if it is ok to have on a very empty stomach.
The Ultimate Airplane Biohacking Guide [00:53:51]
Peter says: I'd really like your help with joint pain and flying. I just returned from a surfing trip in El Salvador and once again, about halfway through the flight, I felt like I was going to fall apart. I am doing all the right things like fasting before the flight, taking activated charcoal, staying well hydrated and I stand up periodically throughout the flight. Jet lag is fine but mid-flight I feel like I have the flu all over my body. I have many plates and screws in me from broken bones. Is this from cabin pressure? Or lack of Oxygen? I would appreciate your ideas here. Thanks!
Natural Ways To Increase Testosterone [01:17:18]
Wendy says: I am internationally competitive in a WADA regulated weight class sport, Olympic weightlifting. I listen to your podcast and do a lot of research on my own to maximize muscle and strength building while staying lean and very clean. I would love a rundown of all the natural ways that I can, especially as a very lean woman, increase my HGH and Testosterone in order to build and maximize my strength.