Welcome to Ben Greenfield's Weekly Roundup and Cool New Discoveries!
Ben Greenfield's discoveries from the latest news from the fronts of fitness, nutrition, health, wellness, biohacking and anti-aging research. I also recap my upcoming events and special announcements so you can keep up with giveaways, discounts and more!
New Discoveries Of The Week: Cool New Things I'm Trying, Books I'm Reading, And More!
– Awesome “Cookbook” I Discovered
–The Food Lab: Better Home Cooking Through Science: This book was winner of the James Beard Award for General Cooking and the IACP Cookbook of the Year Award and described by the New York Times Book Review as “the one book you must have, no matter what you’re planning to cook or where your skill level falls.”
…Ever wondered how to pan-fry a steak with a charred crust and an interior that's perfectly medium-rare from edge to edge when you cut into it? How to make homemade mac ‘n' cheese that is as satisfyingly gooey and velvety-smooth as the blue box stuff, but far tastier? How to roast a succulent, moist turkey (forget about brining!)―and use a foolproof method that works every time? Author J. Kenji López-Alt has pondered all these questions and more.
In The Food Lab, Kenji focuses on the science behind beloved American dishes, delving into the interactions between heat, energy, and molecules that create great food. Kenji shows that conventional methods often don’t work that well, and home cooks can achieve far better results using new―but simple―techniques.
In hundreds of easy-to-make recipes, you will find out how to make a foolproof Hollandaise sauce in just two minutes, how to transform one simple tomato sauce into a half dozen dishes, and much more. It's blowing the mind of my little food podcasting twin boys, and I'm digging it, too. You can grab the cookbook (along with its 1000+ color photographs here).
– My Afternoon Chocolate “Tea”
MiCacao Tea: I've mentioned MiCacao tea once or twice on previous podcasts and posts. My friend Tucker Max recently informed me he doesn't drink coffee in the morning but he does drink chocolate every morning and proceeded to tell me about “MiCacao Tea.” I ordered it from Amazon and I must admit that it literally tastes like drinking a chocolate bar.
It is a loose-leaf chocolate tea made from the shell of the cacao bean and is 100% cocoa-based. It is completely natural, preservative free, without any artificial flavors or starches, and is also organic, gluten-free, vegan, and sugar-free. The ingredients are – drumroll please… cacao nibs and cacao shells. Can't beat that. Click here to grab a bag from Amazon (I blend two full tablespoons with hot water in my NutriBullet, along with cinnamon, stevia, a pinch of sea salt, and, for a real party in your mouth, a tablespoon of coconut oil). Bon appétit!
Podcasts I Recorded This Week:
Click here to go Premium and access an entire vault of never-before-seen videos, audios, PDFs, and every past episode of the Ben Greenfield Fitness podcast.
Articles I Published This Week:
My full article feed and all past archives of my articles are here if you want to check out past articles.
::: Save 10% Site-Wide On PaleoValley Nutritional, Satisfying Snacks :::
Paleovalley's mission is to help people reclaim vibrant health, providing products that prioritize nutrient density in an industry that prioritizes everything else. Many products claim to be healthy, using all the buzzwords such as gluten free, soy free, dairy free, natural and more, but they were also nutrient-free; free of the minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants that promote thriving health.
Right now, you can save 10% site-wide on Paleo Valley's delicious snacks, made for on the go activities and people living real, full lives. Order their pasture-raised turkey sticks or 100% grass-fed beef sticks for a nutritional and satisfying snack. Save 10% on your order with code BENGREENFIELD10.
::: If You Suffer From Mysterious Gut Issues And Think You've Tried Everything… :::
Terraflora™ is a broad spectrum “synbiotic” formulated with a combination of spore form probiotics, and advanced, food-based, ancient prebiotics designed for robust support of gastrointestinal health. While that's a bit of a mouthful, basically it translates to advanced gut microbiome support which introduces two novel, GRAS-affirmed Bacillus strains which are third-party DNA verified to ensure identity and uniquely cultivated using a hypoallergenic, vegan, non-GMO growth media.
These 2 unique strains, Ribospore™ (Bacillus pumilus) and Bacillus megaterium EM144™, producer of highly bioavailable antioxidant carotenoids in the GI tract and riboflavin (vitamin B2), an essential nutrient with novel prebiotic effects, as well as antioxidant carotenoids. If you suffer from mysterious gut issues and have been seeking a solution, this might be for you. Order Terraflora here and save 10% with code: BEN.
Articles & Podcasts I Was Featured In This Week:
– April 6, 2019: The Future of Personalized and Precision Medicine with Horses, Bourbon, and Ben Greenfield at The Kentucky Castle, Versailles, Kentucky. I join doctors Matt Dawson and Mike Mallin for a special presentation on the future of medicine. Register here to join us for this unique & extremely limited event.
– April 12 – 13, 2019: FitCon Summit, Salt Lake City, Utah. FitCon® encourages everyone to Find Their Fit. It does not matter whether it is powerlifting, Crossfit, bodybuilding, roller derby, or even axe throwing. Be sure to visit the Kion booth in the expo! Get your tickets here. Use code: BEN50 to save $50.
– April 26 – 28, 2019: Paleo f(x) Conference, Austin, Texas. Join me, staff from my company, Kion, and the rest of your tribe at Paleo f(x)™ 2019, the largest gathering of Paleo / ancestral health / keto / functional medicine / strength & conditioning experts in the world… see everything you'll get out of this enriching, enlightening event. Besides, April is a wonderful time of year to visit Austin, TX….Get your tickets here.
– June 6, 2019: An Afternoon of Transformation with Ben Greenfield, Denver, Colorado. A special event hosted by MaxLiving, which exists to transform lives through chiropractic.
– June 15, 2019: Ultimate Fitness Run, Mt. Spokane, Washington. Join me and my family for a fun, as-competitive-as-you-make-it day outside for an OCR-style challenge. Register here while you still can. This event sells out quickly each year. Save with code: Ben10UFR and register here.
– June 23 – July 7, 2019: European Detox Retreat, Paracelsus al Ronc, Switzerland. At this 2019 liver detox and R&R retreat at the beautiful Swiss Mountain Clinic in the Italian quarter of Switzerland, you'll stay on-site and receive diagnostics and treatments from the best doctors of biological medicine to detox your liver and your soul. Here's the link to more info.
Featured Product: Kion Clean Energy Bar for Hard-Charging, High-Achievers
As a busy CEO, coach, professional athlete, international speaker, and top 100 podcast host—I needed a bar that would meet the intense demands of my lifestyle, while also satisfying my strict nutrition and purity requirements. I’m happy to say, THIS IS IT.
After years of habitually eating low-quality protein bars, I started having elevated blood sugar, gut rot, energy swings and toxins present in my blood tests. So I wanted to do something better. I wanted to learn how can a bar provide adequate amino acids for recovery without spiking insulin and glucose, or creating mTor and longevity issues from excess protein intake?
You're about to discover exactly how I did it. Meet the Kion Clean Energy Bar.
*The FDA hasn't evaluated these statements. Kion products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
This Week's Most Popular Instagram Pic:
This Week's Most Popular Tweet:
This author thinks @joerogan gives his celebrity guests free alcohol and drugs then sits back and waits for them to say something stupid. C'mon. It's just an interesting show during which people get to talk freely (and it kicks the ass of "real" news). https://t.co/ScNHdJXBC2
— Ben Greenfield (@bengreenfield) March 24, 2019
My Most Popular Facebook Post This Week:
When it comes to “biohacking” sleep, it seems that the single most important (and confusing) variable for most folks is…
Need Help Fully Optimizing Your Brain & Body?
Did you know you can consult one-on-one with me so that I can personalize a nutrition or fitness plan for you to reach your goals? Are you training for physical performance? Trying to shed fat or gain lean muscle as fast as possible? Ready to tap into the most cutting-edge health, fitness and longevity protocols? Contact me so I can get you exactly what you need to reach your goals as safely and quickly as possible.
Leave your comments below – and any news or discoveries that you think I missed!