Welcome to Ben Greenfield’s Weekly Roundup and Cool New Discoveries!
Ben Greenfield’s discoveries, from the latest news on the fronts of fitness, nutrition, health, wellness, biohacking and anti-aging research. I also recap my upcoming events and special announcements so you can keep up with giveaways, discounts and more!
New Discoveries Of The Week: Cool New Things I’m Trying, Books I’m Reading, And More!
– How I Upgrade My Coffee These Days
These days, just about every time I make myself a coffee, I do just a few simple things: I add one heaping tablespoon of organic Ceylon cinnamon for enhancing my insulin sensitivity and blood glucose control, add one teaspoon of a high mineral, high quality salt for extra electrolytes and adrenal support, and throw in one dropperful of Omica organic vanilla or butterscotch toffee stevia for flavor.
Now for the kicker: I blend this in the Nutribullet for about one minute for a wonderful frothy texture and it just…works. No calories, just a slightly upgraded (albeit arguably bastardized) cup of coffee. Try it. I think you’ll dig it.
– Book For Muscle-Building Your Spirit
I’ve always considered it a bit odd how much a focus we have in the fitness and health sector on brain and body optimization and how little we focus on spiritual and soul optimization. In the past three years of my life, I’ve really begun to focus on the spiritual disciplines like fasting, meditation, silence, prayer, worship and other ways to care for what I consider to be the most important component of being a happy human.
Of late, one of my favorite books to discover and apply the spiritual disciplines in a very practical and focused way is Richard Foster’s “Celebration of Discipline: The Path to Spiritual Growth“. The book walks you through the inward disciplines of meditation, prayer, fasting, and study, the outward disciplines of simplicity, solitude, submission, and service and the corporate disciplines of confession, worship, guidance, and celebration. I can’t recommend this book highly enough if you want to add “spiritual muscle-building” to your life. Get the new 40th-anniversary edition here.
Podcasts I Recorded This Week:
Click here to go Premium and access an entire vault of never-before-seen videos, audios, PDFs, and every past episode of the Ben Greenfield Fitness podcast.
Articles Published By Me & Kion This Week:
My full article feed and all past archives of my articles are here if you want to check out past articles.
::: Save 15% on A Very Powerful Form of CBD I’m Using For Sleep & Power Naps :::
Element Health CBD makes an ultra concentrated, full spectrum CBD extract dissolved in organic, raw, cold-pressed hemp seed oil. I’ve recently started using their maximum strength, full spectrum CBD formula (I get the 60ml bottle that has a whopping 4800mg of CO2 extracted CBD), and holy hell: this stuff is potent.
Buyer beware: if you’re not used to CBD, my go-to dose of this stuff could kick you onto your a**, but I swear by it for a good night of rest with through-the-roof deep sleep scores. My sweet spot dose is 80-100mg for eight hours of sleep and a 10-20mg dose for a power nap. You can also combine about 5mg with a small amount of nicotine for a nice nootropic stack. (E.g. 2mg of a clean nicotine gum like Lucy gum – save $10 on your subscription with code: BEN10.)
Articles & Podcasts I Was Featured In This Week:
– May 29, 2019: Community Talk on Stem Cell Procedure, Charleston, South Carolina. Sign up for an exclusive, semi-private event featuring myself and Dr. Craig Koniver of Koniver Wellness. The lively discussion will take place at Tradd’s downtown over dinner in a private room for 80 guests. Sign up here!
– June 6, 2019: An Afternoon of Transformation with Ben Greenfield, Denver, Colorado. A special event hosted by MaxLiving, which exists to transform lives through chiropractic.
– June 15, 2019: Ultimate Fitness Run, Mt. Spokane, Washington. Join me and my family for a fun, as-competitive-as-you-make-it day outside for an OCR-style challenge. Register here while you still can. This event sells out quickly each year. Save with code: BEN10UFR and register here.
– June 23 – July 7, 2019: European Detox Retreat, Paracelsus al Ronc, Switzerland. At this 2019 liver detox and R&R retreat at the beautiful Swiss Mountain Clinic in the Italian quarter of Switzerland, you’ll stay on-site and receive diagnostics and treatments from the best doctors of biological medicine to detox your liver and your soul. Here’s the link to more info.
– August 3, 2019: Spartan Sprint at the LA Stadium, Los Angeles, California. It’s Rally Time, Los Angeles. The Big A. Angel Stadium. Whatever you call it, this place is legendary. Now, Spartan is headed to this historic ballpark for an epic Stadion course. Get ready to take on 3 miles and 20 obstacles through nearly every part of the stadium. Sign up here!
– September 27 – 29, 2019: Spartan World Championships, Squaw Valley, California. Right beside Lake Tahoe, this epic venue was once host to the 1960 Olympic Winter Games. Join me there for the greatest obstacle course race in North Tahoe Lake, Olympic Village, CA. Sign up here. Sign up here!
Featured Product: Kion Clean Energy Bar
As a busy CEO, coach, professional athlete, international speaker, and top 100 podcast host—I needed a bar that would meet the intense demands of my lifestyle, while also satisfying my strict nutrition and purity requirements. I’m happy to say, THIS IS IT.
After years of habitually eating low-quality protein bars, I started having elevated blood sugar, gut rot, energy swings and toxins present in my blood tests. So I wanted to do something better. I wanted to learn how can a bar provide adequate amino acids for recovery without spiking insulin and glucose, or creating mTor and longevity issues from excess protein intake?
You’re about to discover exactly how I did it. Meet the Kion Clean Energy Bar.
*The FDA hasn’t evaluated these statements. Kion products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
This Week’s Most Popular Instagram Pic:
View this post on Instagram
A) I finally shaved off the beard (see IG story for the gory details with Vinnie the Barber in Vegas); ————— B) today’s 30ish minute workout for extreme metabolic efficiency / muscle gain / fat loss: Round 1: begin with 500m row, then move on to 5 sets of 30 kettlebell swings to 30 second front plank hold for recovery between each set; Round 2: begin with 500m row, then move on to 5 sets of 10 KB alternating overhead press with 30 second isometric squat hold for recovery; Round 3: begin with 500m row, then move on to 5 sets of 10 KB goblet squats with 30 second bar hang for recovery. Cool-down with puking.
This Week’s Most Popular Tweet:
— Ben Greenfield (@bengreenfield) April 28, 2019
My Most Popular Facebook Post This Week:
Raw eggs, milk, carrots, steak, lamb chops, liver and more: Marilyn Monroe’s strange diet and exercise routine.
Need Help Fully Optimizing Your Brain & Body?
Did you know you can consult one-on-one with me so that I can personalize a nutrition or fitness plan for you to reach your goals? Are you training for physical performance? Trying to shed fat or gain lean muscle as fast as possible? Ready to tap into the most cutting-edge health, fitness and longevity protocols? Contact me so I can get you exactly what you need to reach your goals as safely and quickly as possible.
Leave your comments below – and any news or discoveries that you think I missed!