Q&A Episode 394
Special Announcements [38:40]
This podcast is brought to you by:
–Kion: The Kion Aminos provides building blocks for muscle recovery, reduced cravings, better cognition, immunity, and more. Now available in the delicious Berry flavor. Use discount code: BGF10 for a 10% discount on your order.
–Clearlight Saunas: Advanced technology, for your good health. See why jacuzzi saunas by Clearlight Infrared are unsurpassed. Use discount code: BENGREENFIELD, and receive $500 off your order along with some free gifts as a bonus!
–Trusii: The Most Powerful H2 Tablets, Period. H2Now delivers over 15 ppm H2-infused water in seconds to Neutralize Inflammation, Heal Your Cells, Boost Your Performance and Recovery, and Restore Optimal Health. Save 30% off your order when you use my link.
–Click here to follow Ben on Snapchat , and get ready for some epic stories about his morning, day and evening routine!
Ben's Adventures: [42:37]
– February 22-24, 2019: CalJam: The Rebel Yell Tour. California Jam combines a TED talk format with a rock n’ roll show in-between! The driving objective of the event is to get attendees up to date on chiropractic research, scientific studies, and useful practice management strategy. The hope is that attendees bring all they learn at Cal Jam back to their communities to implement real, rippling change. Get your tickets here before the prices go up!
– April 3-7, 2019: The Kentucky Castle. Ben Greenfield will share his vast knowledge of nutrition and exercise science to help you figure out how to hack your biology and get the most out of the genetics you were born with. This will happen at the amazing Kentucky Castle. Interactive discussions and presentations will take place from 9am – 1pm on April 6th.
– April 12-13, 2019: FitCon Summit, Salt Lake City, Utah. FitCon® encourages everyone to Find Their Fit. It does not matter whether it is powerlifting, Crossfit, bodybuilding, roller derby, or even axe throwing. Be sure to visit the Kion booth in the expo! Register here and use code: BEN50 for $50 off!
– April 26 – 28, 2019: Paleo f(x) Conference, Austin, Texas. Join me, staff from my company, Kion, and the rest of your tribe at Paleo f(x)™ 2019, the largest gathering of Paleo / ancestral health / keto / functional medicine / strength & conditioning experts in the world… see everything you'll get out of this enriching, enlightening event. Besides, April is a wonderful time of year to visit Austin, TX….Get your tickets here.
– June 23 – July 7, 2019: European Detox Retreat, Paracelsus al Ronc, Switzerland. At this 2019 liver detox and R&R at the beautiful Swiss Mountain Clinic (formerly Paracelsus al Ronc) in the Italian quarter of Switzerland, you will stay on-site and receive diagnostics and treatments from the best doctors of biological medicine to detox your liver and your soul. Plus you're going to have a wonderful time hiking, sightseeing and enjoying one of the most beautiful places in the world. Here's the link to more info. *this event is sold out, waitlist is available
Giveaways & Goodies
-This week's top iTunes review – gets some BG Fitness swag straight from Ben – click here to leave your review for a chance to win some!
As compiled, deciphered, edited and sometimes read by Brock Armstrong, the Podcast Sidekick.
How To Maintain Focus During Long Workouts [44:30]
Tom says: “I'm preparing for an ultramarathon (264 miles) in Wales this May. I will most likely do it without a support crew. There will be sleep stations at miles 80, 140, and 200 and I plan to take advantage of these. What tips do you have to prepare myself for the inevitable cognitive decline that accompanies events of this nature?”
Does Cholesterol Go Up On A Ketogenic Diet (& Is That Bad?) [56:55]
Glenn says: I'm a 60-year-old man. I went to a paleo diet about 5 years ago. I recently tried the keto diet and everything seems off. My cholesterol and LDL skyrocketed. My triglycerides are low, my blood sugar is low, my CRP is low. So was I better off on paleo?
Is Testosterone Bad For Your Prostate [1:10:20]
Hi Ben, my husband and I are interested in red light therapy for enhancing the sexual experience. However, my husband read an article that linked increased testosterone with BPH, or enlarged prostate. My husband has mild BPH. What are your thoughts on that?