Welcome to Ben Greenfield's Weekly Roundup and Cool New Discoveries!
Ben Greenfield's discoveries, from the latest news on the fronts of fitness, nutrition, health, wellness, biohacking and anti-aging research. I also recap my upcoming events and special announcements so you can keep up with giveaways, discounts and more!
New Discoveries Of The Week: Cool New Things I'm Trying, Books I'm Reading, And More!
– A New Unique Set Of Essential Oils I've Been Using
If you heard my interview with Dr. Nick of Essential Oil Wizardry, you know he's basically the craziest, most unique oil formulator on the planet. He recently sent me a few blends I've really been enjoying. Here's what they are:
- InVigor: Supports memory, focus, and concentration. Massage a few drops into the palms of the hands and rub them together, cup over the nose and mouth and take 3 deep breaths. This is great first thing in the morning. Enjoy in an infrared sauna.
- Lilac: Gentle heart opener. Supports the emotional sense-of-self. 1/4 to 1 dropper full under the tongue. Works on more of the subtle energy and emotional bodies.
- Epimedium: Aka Horny Goat Weed, 5-10 drops under the tongue. 1/4-1/2 a dropper is plenty. Stimulates the masculine sense of self, can increase sex drive with regular use. Promotes a deeper awareness to one’s physical body. At higher doses can notice some behavioral changes including aggression. Can see side-effects of increased testosterone.
- Salvia Divinorum: Sacred medicinal plant used by the Mazatec in Mexico. This is semi-legal and is found in nature. It’s a great meditative tool and promotes introspection. Use 1-3 droppers full under the tongue for 30 seconds. Great for re-connecting to nature.
- Tribulus: Similar properties to Epimedium, play with 1/4 to 2 droppers full sublingually.
- Klip Dagga: An interesting plant that has its own compounds that have cannabinoid-like properties. It is a relatively euphoric cannabis substitute that has more clarity during its euphoria. Play with 1-3 droppers full sublingually.
- Chai Perfect: This is perfect for adding to morning smoothies or desserts if you make chocolates. Play around with it and see what you enjoy, less is more. Nick usually uses 1 drop per 8-16 oz of culinary delights.
- Seduction: A botanical essential oil-based perfume my wife and I use during our date nights. Just make sure the neighborhood dogs don't hump your legs when you put this stuff on. Holy hell.
To check out this collection, and plenty more from Dr. Nick, just click here. As you can see, these are no “ordinary” oils.
Podcasts I Recorded This Week:
Articles I Published This Week:
– My full article feed and all past archives of my articles are here if you want to check out past articles.
::: Save 65% Off Your Subscription On One Of My Favorite Sleep-Enhancing Devices :::
NuCalm is a safe, proven neuroscience technology that quickly relaxes you without using narcotics or controlled substances.
A next-level cranial electrotherapy stimulation device, NuCalm was designed to help your brain interrupt the adrenaline and cortisol release by mimicking what naturally occurs in your brain right before you sleep. It includes an app with “music”—which is actually neuro acoustic software that delivers frequencies to your brain which take you down to theta brain wavelength.
This thing lets me get a 20-minute intense period of relaxation even when I can’t nap, and I’m now ducking away and using it nearly every day, particularly during travel and on airplanes.
Click here to learn more, and get 65% off the first month of any new monthly subscription.
Need Help Fully Optimizing Your Brain & Body?
I've studied the science, seen first-hand what works and what doesn't, and most importantly, know how to help you make lasting changes to become the best version of yourself – for good. I've also trained an entire army of Kion Coaches, and with our support, you'll no longer have to struggle to decipher conflicting health information, only to end up confused and unmotivated.
Are you looking to achieve peak physical performance? Trying to shed fat or gain lean muscle as fast as possible? Ready to tap into the most cutting-edge health, fitness and longevity protocols? Every day, I work with people just like you to help them achieve their goals with personalized health advice and one-of-a-kind nutrition and fitness plans. My schedule gets filled quickly, so be sure to book your one-on-one consultation with me today.
Kion Coaches are certified in the same holistic approach I take to mind, body, and spiritual health. In addition to being trained by yours truly, these folks are qualified professionals, ranging from personal trainers to nutritionists, chiropractors, elite athletes, psychologists, medical doctors, and more. Just click here to view the full coach directory and to find the ideal coach for you and your unique goals!
– January 6, 2020: Kion Fasting Challenge – Worldwide. Join me, team Kion, and thousands of other like-minded individuals (last year we had over 12,000 participants) for a FREE 5-day fasting challenge! Click here for details and to sign up.
– January 16: Boundless Launch Party – New York, NY. Biohack the World Boundless Book Tour. Join me and the world’s foremost biohackers in this intentional, socially-conscious incubator space for an interactive storytelling session and Q&A to discover what’s on the cutting edge of anti-aging, nutritional and exercise science. RSVP here.
– January 29: Boundless Launch Party – Century City, CA. Save the date, and stay tuned for more details!
– January 31: Boundless Launch Party – Santa Monica, CA. Save the date, and stay tuned for more details!
– April 24 – 26: Paleo f(x) – Austin, TX. Join me and dozens of health and fitness experts to discover the latest breakthroughs in epigenetics, biohacking, Keto, AIP, nootropics, blood testing, strength conditioning, sleep, stress and much more. Try out delicious new foods, discover new workouts, and even try new gadgets in the biohacking lab. Register here.
Featured Product: Kion Fasting Bundle
Fasting is a simple practice that can have profound impacts on your mental, physical, and spiritual health. However, simple doesn't always mean easy. The first few hours of a fast can be difficult to get through due to hunger pangs, low energy, and brain fog.
That's why Kion has curated the Kion Fasting Bundle, which includes two powerhouse products to help you get through your fast while still reaping the benefits of fasting.*
- Kion Coffee: A clean source of caffeine, which has been shown to suppress hunger and improve energy levels during a fast. Kion Coffee is also rich in polyphenols that can enhance many of the benefits of fasting, including improved body composition, gut health, and autophagy.*
- Kion Aminos: Pure essential amino acids (EAAs) are a great way to “hack” your fast for better energy levels, better cognition, and sustained muscle mass.* They can also provide the fuel you need to get through fasted workouts.
*The FDA hasn't evaluated these statements. Kion products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
This Week's Most Popular Instagram Post:
View this post on Instagram
Snapped these photos on my 38th birthday yesterday. I have to admit… these days I feel healthier, stronger and more vibrant than I ever have in my entire life. I think it just ultimately comes down to really learning how to care for my mitochondria. Every day I get sunlight or red light, grounding/earthing, heat from a sauna or hard workout (usually kettlebells these days), cold thermogenesis, clean pure water and minerals. When paired with physical movement woven throughout the day and clean, ancestral nutrition principles, it’s pretty easy to feel great every day. I called this feeling “boundless“ and it’s what my new book is entirely about. No matter how old you are you should have all the energy you want at your beck and call every day whenever you need it. If you haven’t pre-ordered the book yet you can get it at BoundlessBook.com – I have all my diet, workouts, movement principles, longevity hacks and much more all jammed into the 650+ pages of this new one. Enjoy!
This Week's Most Popular Tweet:
EDITORIAL: A new study takes an objective and independent look at the levels of aluminum in the CDC's recommended schedule https://t.co/5icgb86oDT
— The HighWire (@HighWireTalk) December 22, 2019
My Most Popular Facebook Post This Week:
Snapped these photos on my 38th birthday yesterday. I have to admit… these days I feel healthier, stronger and more…
Leave your comments below – and any news or discoveries that you think I missed!