Dr. Thomas Cowan's new book Cancer & The New Biology Of Water takes a groundbreaking look at the role of water in living organisms that ultimately brings us closer to answering the riddle of the etiology of—and therapy and treatment for—cancer.
When President Nixon launched the War on Cancer with the signing of the National Cancer Act of 1971 and the allocation of billions of research dollars, it was amidst a flurry of promises that a cure was within reach.
The research establishment was trumpeting the discovery of oncogenes, the genes that supposedly cause cancer. As soon as we identified them and treated cancer patients accordingly, cancer would become a thing of the past.
Fifty years later it’s clear that the War on Cancer has failed―despite what the cancer industry wants us to believe. New diagnoses have continued to climb; one in three people in the United States can now expect to battle cancer during their lifetime. For the majority of common cancers, the search for oncogenes has not changed the treatment: We’re still treating with the same old triad of removing (surgery), burning out (radiation), or poisoning (chemotherapy).
In Cancer & The New Biology Of Water, Dr. Cowan argues that this failure was inevitable because the oncogene theory is incorrect―or at least incomplete―and based on a flawed concept of biology in which DNA controls our cellular function and therefore our health. Instead, Dr. Cowan tells us, the somatic mutations seen in cancer cells are the result of a cellular deterioration that has little to do with oncogenes, DNA, or even the nucleus. The root cause is metabolic dysfunction that deteriorates the structured water that forms the basis of cytoplasmic―and therefore, cellular―health.
Despite mainstream medicine’s failure to bring an end to suffering or deliver on its promises, it remains illegal for physicians to prescribe anything other than the “standard of care” for their cancer patients―no matter how dangerous and ineffective that standard may be―and despite the fact that gentler, more effective, and more promising treatments exist. While Dr. Cowan acknowledges that all of these treatments need more research, Cancer and the New Biology of Water is an impassioned plea from a long-time physician that these promising treatments merit our attention and research dollars and that patients have the right to information, options, and medical freedom in matters of their own life and death.
Dr. Cowan, MD, is a veteran family physician who has studied and written about many subjects in medicine, including nutrition, homeopathy, anthroposophical medicine, and herbal medicine. He is the author of Human Heart, Cosmic Heart: A Doctor’s Quest to Understand, Treat, and Prevent Cardiovascular Disease and the new book Vaccines, Autoimmunity, and the Changing Nature of Childhood Illness from Chelsea Green Publishing. He is also a founding board member of the Weston A. Price Foundation, and a frequent lecturer throughout the US and Canada. He's also the same doctor I mentioned in this Joe Rogan episode when I talked about how your “heart is not a pump.” He also produces some of the most fantastic vegetable powders in existence, which I use every day: Dr. Thomas Cowan's vegetable powders.
My previous episodes with Dr. Cowan include:
- Why Your Heart Is Not A Pump (& What Most Doctors Don’t Know About The True Cause Of Heart Disease).
- How (& Why) To Eat More Vegetables, Why A Plant Is Like An Upside-Down Human, Little-Known Superfood Plants & More!
- The Shocking Story Of Vaccines, The Toxicity Of Ultrasounds, Why You Shouldn’t Play With Your Child & Much More With Dr. Thomas Cowan
He also published the fascinating article on my website entitled:
- The Insulin Of The Heart: A Little-Known Seed Extract That May Be The Future Panacea For Heart Disease.
During this discussion, you'll discover:
-Whether or not the efficacy of chemotherapy has ever been studied [7:45]
- President Nixon announced “War on Cancer” in 1971; promised it would be gone within 10 years
- Early 1990s, German statistician Ulrich Abel announces 2.9% of stage 3&4 cancer patients see improvement with chemo
- Early 2000s, Australian government commissions a study for all stages; Concluded that 2.3-2.4% show improvement
- Decreased quality of life; marginally longer life expectancy in chemo patients
-Why a reduction in tumor size isn't always a good thing [12:00]
- Any study not involving life expectancy is called a “surrogate study”
- Reduction in size can result in a compromised immune system which perpetuates the need for chemo
-Dr. Cowan's thoughts on the current theories upon which modern cancer treatments are based [15:30]
- “Oncogene” or “somatic mutation” theory came to light in 1971
- Mutation in a somatic chromosome, which drives the cancer
- Actual results: everyone has different somatic mutations
- Biotech industry is based on finding problematic mutations, which are impossible to decipher
- After 40 years of war on cancer, over 95% of treatment has nothing to do with the oncogene theory
- Oncogenes are not the root cause of cancer when you get right down to it
- Mutations are a consequence of an improperly functioning cell, not the cause of it
- When you transfer the nuclei from a cancerous cell to a healthy cell, the healthy cell will not become cancerous; however, if you transfer the cytoplasm from a cancerous cell, the healthy cell will develop cancer
–Dr. Gilbert Ling's contributions to current cancer treatments [25:00]
- All cancers feel different (rock-like) compared to other tissue
- Cells have a charge around them, and when two similarly charged cells come together, they keep their distance
- Strength of the charge determines the density of the tissue (why different organs have different textures)
- Halo of charges come from sodium/potassium gradient
- Always start with the charge: walk barefoot, swim in the ocean, sunlight, expose to heat and cold, mineral water
- Sodium/potassium pump is a myth
- “The contents of the cytoplasm are structured water”
-The form of water while it's inside the cytoplasm [35:10]
- It's gel-like, not the forms we usually think
- It's a mesh that binds to the potassium in the cell, excludes the sodium, and maintains the sodium/potassium gradient
- Structured water forms similar to Jello
- ATP molecule acts as the heat that activates the gel (energy currency)
- Watery matrix the DNA resides in is what determines which part of the DNA will be expressed
- The DNA is an expression of an “idea” or a creator, and the “idea” is the water
-How the integrity of the DNA and cytoplasm is damaged, thus enabling cancer to form [43:15]
- Cells lose charge, clump together, form a tumor
- Aneuploidy: the presence of an abnormal number of chromosomes in a cell
- Reversing the loss of charge, restoring the cell would be a more efficacious treatment for cancer than radiation, surgery, chemo, etc.
- Cytoplasm is akin to the birth of Jesus Christ
- Lourdes healing water (in France)
-Gerson Therapy, Quinton, and cancer treatment [50:15]
- “The problem with cancer is the problem of sodium/potassium”
- Created a juicer that extracts cytoplasm from fruits and veggies
- Gerson's protocol was based on increasing potassium, reducing sodium
- Rene Quinton's seawater (natural way of structuring water)
- BGF Podcast w/ Robert Slovak
- Quinton is a mineral-rich water put through a vortex
-The reason Dr. Cowan does not treat cancer patients in his practice [57:45]
-How plants and mushrooms are used to treat cancer [59:15]
- Mistletoe is the most used, most successful natural treatment
- To be injected subcutaneously
- Mistletoe is not currently available in the U.S.
-Whether deuterium-depleted water could be an effective treatment for cancer [1:03:10]
- Deuterium (D2O) interferes with the ability of mitochondria to generate ATP, and has different physical-chemical properties from water
- Dr. Cowan is disappointed w/ the current state of deuterium-depleted water manufacturers
- “If you have cancer, or might get cancer, you should drink deuterium-depleted water.”
-Whether oral or IV administration is optimal for Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD) [1:10:15]
- Oral Birkmayer NADH
- NADH is better than NAD
-The value of electronic devices such as the Rife for treating cancer [1:13:30]
-How melatonin is used for cancer therapy [1:15:45]
-And much more…
Resources from this episode:
– Study: A historically significant study that at once disproves the membrane (pump) theory and confirms that nano-protoplasm is the ultimate physical basis of life–yet so simple and low-cost that it could easily be repeated in many high school biology classrooms worldwide.
– Quinton water from Quicksilver Scientific (use code: GREENFIELD10)
– Quinton water from Dr. Slovak's Water And Wellness website (use code: GREENFIELD for a 10% discount)
– Quicksilver Melatonin (use code: GREENFIELD10)
– Bone broth recipe:
- Turmeric powder
- Onions, carrots, greens sautéed in ghee/turmeric mixture
- Add bone broth
- Add tsp of sea vegetable powder, burdock powder, ashitaba powder
– Ben's previous podcasts and episodes about cancer:
- Why You’ve Been Lied To About Cancer And What You Can Do About It – podcast with Dr. David Minkoff
- How To Cure Yourself Of Cancer: An Epic Interview With A Man Who Defied Conventional Medicine & Cured Himself Of Prostate Cancer – podcast with Eric Remensperger
- Can Plant-Rich Keto Cure Cancer, Clearing Up Collagen Confusion, Peanut Butter Flavored Bone Broth – podcast with Dr. Joshua Axe
–Kion: My personal playground for new supplement formulations, Kion blends ancestral wisdom with modern science. Ben Greenfield Fitness listeners, receive a 10% discount off your entire order when you use discount code: BGF10.
–Organifi Gold: A new take on an ancient secret: Pain-soothing herbs, incredible antioxidants, and phytonutrients all in one delicious, soothing “Golden Milk” nighttime tea! Receive a 20% discount on your entire order when you use discount code: BENG20.
–Policy Genius: Whether you’re an insurance expert or a newbie, Policygenius created a website that makes it easy for you to compare quotes, get advice, and get covered.
Do you have questions, thoughts or feedback for Dr. Thomas Cowan or me? Leave your comments below and one of us will reply!