Q&A Episode 399
Have a podcast question for Ben? Click the button at the bottom of the page (or go to SpeakPipe), or use the Contact button in the free Ben Greenfield Fitness app. Click here for some tips on how to have the best chance of having your question featured on the show.
– The morning brew recipe Ben mentions in intro:
Alright, this recipe is fully loaded fuel that tastes like ambrosia of the gods. I tried it out this morning and my brain has been humming along quite nicely since about 5am. Here's the full recipe (yeah, you need plenty of ingredients, but it's worth it). Into a Nutribullet or any other heat-friendly blender, add the following:
– 2 heaping tablespoons of MiCacao mix (this is a mix of cacao nibs and cacao shells that gives you the experience of drinking pure chocolate with no calories)
– 2 packets Four Sigmatic Chaga mushroom extract
– 2 packets Four Sigmatic Lion's Mane extract
– 1 dropperful Omica Organics butterscotch toffee stevia
– 1 teaspoon of a good salt (I used Colima salt)
– 12-16 piping hot ounces of Kion Coffee
Blend on high for about 90 seconds, then open your blender carefully as contents can expand and get foamy (and the foam is oh-so-delicious). I may or may not have also put 0.5 grams of psilocybin extract into this mix, but that's your call. ;) Bon appetit!
– Click here to follow Ben on Instagram, and get ready for some epic stories about his morning, day and evening routine!
Here's Where Ben Is Speaking And Traveling Around The World Coming Soon
– August 3-4, 2019: Colorado Rockies Ultra, Beast, and Sprint Weekend – Aspen, CO. The mountains are calling! High in the peaks of the Rocky Mountains, team members from my company, Kion and I will be experiencing the immense beauty of Colorado while conquering climbs, crawls, carries, and traverses. We hope to see you there! Sign up here!
– September 12 – 15, 2019: RUNGA Immersion, Napa Valley, California. I attend this total mind-body reboot retreat each year with my wife, Jessa, to connect with a handful of friends and YOU can be one of them! I would love if you could join me at this retreat. Click here for details on this incredible event!
– September 27 – 29, 2019: Spartan World Championships, Squaw Valley, California. Right beside Lake Tahoe, this epic venue was once host to the 1960 Olympic Winter Games. Join me there for the greatest obstacle course race in North Tahoe Lake, Olympic Village, CA. Sign up here!
This Podcast Is Brought To You By
– Kion: My personal playground for new supplement formulations, Kion blends ancestral wisdom with modern science. Ben Greenfield Fitness listeners receive a 10% discount off your entire order when you use discount code: BGF10.
– Native: Native creates safe, simple, effective products that people use in the bathroom everyday. Count on trusted ingredients and trusted performance. Shop at my link and save 20% off your first purchase when you use discount code: BEN
Is Fasting Dangerous For Lean Females?…36:00
Jenny asks: You've mentioned on the podcast that fasting doesn't always work well for lean females. So should lean females like myself avoid fasting altogether? Or is there a fasting protocol you would recommend that will have a positive impact on my health?
How Newborn Parents Can Sleep Better…49:30
Jack asks: You mentioned in Q&A 398 about the physiological changes that occur in men when they become fathers. About a month ago, my wife gave birth to identical twin boys, and as you know, all sleep schedules go out the window. Do you have some tips to improve sleep quality when I'm bound to be waking up every 2-3 hours during the night?
C-Reactive Protein Levels and Tendinitis…1:03:10
Jackie in Japan asks: Is it possible to have plantar fasciitis and full-blown achilles tendinitis in both feet and have a C-reactive protein level of .01-.03?
How Far From Your Body Should Infrared Light Be?…1:09:22
Darryl asks: How close to my body should I put the JOOVV Go? The manual says it should be 2-6″, but I oftentimes will put it directly on my skin to help heal an injury and it seems to be just fine. I also heard you say in a previous podcast that your wife puts the device on her face. Can you give some guidance on how close is too close?
Giveaways & Goodies
– This week's top iTunes review – gets some BG Fitness swag straight from Ben – click here to leave your review for a chance to win some!