Welcome to Ben Greenfield’s Weekly Roundup and Cool New Discoveries!
Ben Greenfield’s discoveries from the latest news from the fronts of fitness, nutrition, health, wellness, biohacking and anti-aging research. I also recap my upcoming events and special announcements so you can keep up with giveaways, discounts and more!
New Discoveries Of The Week: Cool New Things I’m Trying, Books I’m Reading, And More!
– My Keto, Good-For-Your-Gut Ice Cream I’ve Been Eating Every Night
I love to tinker with new recipes. This week I created a trademark “Gut-Healing Keto Ice Cream.” It’s very simple to make, satisfies evening cravings, and quite frankly, I am a fiend for ice cream or anything ice-cream-like.
Blend on high for 5 minutes. Refrigerate overnight for a “pudding” texture or freeze overnight for an “ice-cream” texture. If freezing, I like to pull it out of the freezer 30-60 minutes before consuming (e.g. before dinner) to soften. For added calories, sprinkle with a chopped-up, frozen Kion Clean Energy Bar and you will be in food nirvana, guaranteed. Enjoy!
View this post on Instagram
This is my “Gut-Healing Keto Ice Cream”…it’s very, very simple. Ingredients: -6 egg yolks -4 scoops @thorneresearch Mediclear (check my bio linktree) -8 dropperfuls vanilla stevia (I use @omicaorganics brand) -1 teaspoon sea salt -1 can BPA-Free full fat coconut milk Blend on high for 5 minutes. Refrigerate overnight for a “pudding” texture or freeze overnight for an “ice-cream” texture. If freezing, I like to pull it out of the freezer 30-60 minutes before consuming (e.g. before dinner) to soften. Enjoy!* *For added calories, sprinkle with a chopped-up, frozen @kion Bar and you will be in food nirvana, guaranteed. #ketogenic #ketoicecream #healthydessert #treatyoself #realfood #brainfood #guthealth #getkion
– “Healthy” Nicotine Gum I’ve Discovered
I’m a huge fan of nicotine as a cognitive stimulant. As a matter of fact, you can click here to read the top 28 benefits of nicotine (and side effects to be aware of). Problem is, most nicotine gum and sprays are chock full of artificial sweeteners and chemical fillers. Enter Lucy gum: a new formulation of nicotine gum which is an improvement on the texture and taste of existing options like Nicorette. Their flavor chemists developed three signature flavors with very low amounts of artificial nasties – flavors that taste amazing and cover up the harshness of nicotine. Use code: BEN10, and that will give you $10 off a subscription at LucyGum.com! Enjoy, and use responsibly.
Podcasts I Recorded This Week:
Every month, Ben Greenfield releases never-before-seen videos, audios and PDFs inside the BenGreenfieldFitness “Premium” channel (just $10/year to access!). You can click here to go Premium and access an entire vault of protected content!
Articles I Published This Week:
My full article feed and all past archives of my articles are here if you want to check out past articles.
Articles & Podcasts I Was Featured In This Week:
::: Zero App Releases Their Best App Update Yet :::
Meet my friends, the creators of the Zero Fasting app. After collecting feedback from some of their 1.3 million users, the geniuses at Zero, founded by my friend Kevin Rose, released its best update yet to their simple, beautiful iOS app for tracking intermittent, circadian rhythm, and custom fasting. Download the app today to join a thriving community of people fasting everyday around the world and once you download the app, tap on the ‘Learn’ section of the app to read the exclusive “Fasting Decoded” guide published by my company, Kion– the ultimate resource for understanding fasting for weight loss, clarity and energy, longevity, or muscle gain…all in one place.
::: Save $500 on the Exact Infrared Sauna I Use :::
If you’re new to my podcasts or articles, you may not know that I have been…well, sauna addict for years. Knowing that I can enter into a private chamber that gives my body a myriad of benefits simply makes a sauna sit a daily must for me. It’s a bit of “me time” I crave every day. Research shows that regular sauna use can:
• Increase cell resilience via the production of heat shock proteins
• Significantly increase heart health via red blood cell production and a decrease in CRP, a biomarker for inflammation
• Increase the strength of the immune system
• Enhance deep sleep cycles
• And much more …(check out my sauna science article to nerd out)
I’ve been using the same sauna for years and I stand by my Clearlight infrared sauna for its dependability, design, safety, and efficacy. I researched A LOT of saunas before I bought mine and the Clearlight line of saunas is what stood out from all the rest because of their EMF and ELF Shielding and their Lifetime Warranty. If you want to sweat like I do go here and use code: BEN, and you’ll get $500 OFF the regular price of each sauna and a gift with purchase. Enjoy!
– February 22- 24, 2019: CalJam: The Rebel Yell Tour. California Jam combines a TED talk format with a rock n’ roll show in-between! The driving objective of the event is to get attendees up to date on chiropractic research, scientific studies, and useful practice management strategy. The hope is that attendees bring all they learn at Cal Jam back to their communities to implement real, rippling change. Get your tickets here before the prices go up!
– April 6, 2019: The Future of Personalized and Precision Medicine with Horses, Bourbon, and Ben Greenfield at The Kentucky Castle, Versailles, Kentucky. I join doctors Matt Dawson and Mike Mallin for a special presentation on the future of medicine. Register here to join us for this unique & extremely limited event.
– April 12 – 13, 2019: FitCon Summit, Salt Lake City, Utah. FitCon® encourages everyone to Find Their Fit. It does not matter whether it is powerlifting, Crossfit, bodybuilding, roller derby, or even axe throwing. Be sure to visit the Kion booth in the expo! Get your tickets here. Use code: BEN50 to save $50.
– April 26 – 28, 2019: Paleo f(x) Conference, Austin, Texas. Join me, staff from my company, Kion, and the rest of your tribe at Paleo f(x)™ 2019, the largest gathering of Paleo / ancestral health / keto / functional medicine / strength & conditioning experts in the world… see everything you’ll get out of this enriching, enlightening event. Besides, April is a wonderful time of year to visit Austin, TX….Get your tickets here.
– June 15, 2019: Ultimate Fitness Run, Mt. Spokane, Washington. Join me and my family for a fun, as-competitive-as-you-make-it day outside for an OCR-style challenge. Register here while you still can. This event sells out quickly each year. Save with code: Ben10UFR and register here.
– June 23 – July 7, 2019: European Detox Retreat, Paracelsus al Ronc, Switzerland. At this 2019 liver detox and R&R at the beautiful Swiss Mountain Clinic (formerly Paracelsus al Ronc) in the Italian quarter of Switzerland, you will stay on-site and receive diagnostics and treatments from the best doctors of biological medicine to detox your liver and your soul. Plus you’re going to have a wonderful time hiking, sightseeing and enjoying one of the most beautiful places in the world. Here’s the link to more info. *this event is sold out, waitlist is available
This Week’s Most Popular Instagram Pic:
View this post on Instagram
I've finally bitten the bullet and launched into using 2 of the most potent and well-researched #antiaging molecules that exist: Tam818 and TA65. Please use the link in my bio to hear my podcast with Bill Andrews Ph.D. from Sierra Sciences to discover more about #telomerase and how these two compounds are a couple of the only molecules that have been shown to directly increase #telomerase activity by more than 15% with a direct impact on slowing the #aging process. Warning: they are not cheap but I'm willing to try them to see what happens. I'm measuring my #telomere length before and after and will tell you my results. Go listen to that podcast to learn more and then tell me what questions you still have.
This Week’s Most Popular Tweet:
Hooray: Senator Files '420' Marijuana Bill To Legalize It Federally https://t.co/LQVXsPNG23
— Ben Greenfield (@bengreenfield) February 11, 2019
My Most Popular Facebook Post This Week:
Played an open mic night last night…I have a very, very long way to go in my singing and songwriting but I think this is the last time I will do a cover. I am beginning to write my own original stuff and learn a whole bunch about music theory. My goal is to record an album by the time I’m 50!
Posted by Ben Greenfield Fitness on Wednesday, February 20, 2019
Whether you’re looking to stimulate faster muscle growth, recover more rapidly from exercise, become more resistant to fatigue during a grueling workout, or just benefit from additional amino acids in their most absorbable form to support aging or a vegan, vegetarian, or ketosis diet, Kion Aminos essential amino acids has you covered.*
The amino acid utilization of Kion Aminos is a whopping 99%, meaning your body is actually absorbing and utilizing the essential amino acids it needs.* Plus, Kion Aminos are formulated in the exact, scientifically validated proportions needed for maximum utilization and absorbed by the body within twenty minutes.* So if you’re running from the gym, in need of a quick energy boost, staving off hunger pangs, or in the middle of a long workout, you can easily give your body the support it needs – and fast. Try the new Mixed Berry Aminos Powder today!
*The FDA hasn’t evaluated these statements. Kion products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Need Help Fully Optimizing Your Brain & Body?
Did you know you can consult one-on-one with me so that I can personalize a nutrition or fitness plan for you to reach your goals? Are you training for physical performance? Trying to shed fat or gain lean muscle as fast as possible? Ready to tap into the most cutting-edge health, fitness and longevity protocols? Contact me so I can get you exactly what you need to reach your goals as safely and quickly as possible.
Leave your comments below – and any news or discoveries that you think I missed!